Is that our Cal Darden....

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Yeppers and it was his wife that said that it was worth much more than that to them. No touch with reality.

d

susiedriver

dannyboy said:
That put the $125,000 aquarium in his front room at home?

d

dBoy, this may come as a shock to you, but you are once again mistaken. This is not 'our Cal Darden'. It is his son. Surely you don't hold 'our Cal Darden' responsible for the follies of his son, do you?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Susie sweetie. The news story said it was Cal Darden. I asked, never stated, if it was our Cal. Why is it you have to make something out of nothing with your attitude?

Now I have met Cal Sr. It was at the BOD meeting and luncheon may 97. So while I know that it was not really "our Cal" because of the age involved, it was meant as an endearing "our Cal" meaning Jr. But then again, you intentionally try to not understand things that other people post. I think you are correct, you shoulda sued UPS way before you did. Maybe you could have eliminated much of your hostilities toward the human race.

d

susiedriver

dBoy,

Your excuse smells like crap. You posted an intentionally inflammatory post implying that it was a retired UPS board member. Shame on you.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Only to you my dear. And you remember the old saying, a skunk smells the smell before any one else. Or in other words, he who breaks wind will be the loudest to point the finger elsewhere.

d

moreluck

golden ticket member
July 28, 2006 -- (Atlanta Journal-Constitution/Alma E. Hill) -- What can Brown do for you? The UPS slogan has got to make Calvin Darden smile. After a 34-year career with the shipping company, where he began unloading trucks for $3 an hour and worked his way up to senior vice president of U.S. operations making him the highest-ranking minority executive at UPS Darden knows all too well what Brown did for him. Just look at his house. He and his wife, Gail, finished constructing their dream home last spring with every amenity they had ever imagined. After moving seven times in 22 years for UPS, Darden, who retired in 2005, spared no expense on the Roswell estate that took 2 1/2 years to build. Interior designer Lydia Felix, owner of Cameon Design Group, worked with the couple and their builders from the onset to create a home with jaw-dropping aesthetics. The 22,000-square-foot mansion has six bedrooms, 10 bathrooms, a six-car garage, a gourmet kitchen, a dining room with two water walls and 14-karat-gold-leaf paint, a collection room, a master suite with a morning bar equipped with an espresso machine, coffee maker and warming drawer to keep mugs toasty, a home theater, mother-in-law wing and a game room with 10 flat-screen TVs. The Dardens also have their own chapel, hair salon and exercise room in the lower level of their home, which property records show is valued at $1.4 million(This has to be a typo....must be $14 million). An elevator can take them to any of the mansion's three levels. Outside, the couple, who have three adult children, unwind with two outdoor kitchens and a 20-by-40-foot swimming pool and spa. If they want to enjoy the tranquility of water inside the house, they can gaze at the 10-foot-tall, 1,300-gallon aquarium in their living room that's stocked with more than 100 saltwater fish.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Hehehe. Susie sweetie, I know you are looking as an anon, since your true self got banned. Something that sets you apart from every one else here.

Notice something?

Once again you are wrong.

And all your spouting of hatred, vile attacks, cyber stalking and intimidation etc does not change a thing.

Better go check your Wikipedia, who knows, they probably have something totally different to say on the matter.

GEEZ

d

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I actually worked for Cal Darden at one time, I started out in the Atlanta Hub as a P/Ter in '75. I don't remember anything about him though, I was just a teenager. I do remember working for Jim Winestock though, he was a Center or Sort Manager as he worked his way up through the company. I can remember how he looked back then, he had a commanding presence and knew how to get the job done, and was fair to his employees. He deserves to be on the Board of Directors.

I don't get mad at what some of these guys make, they worked hard and were smart enough to get ahead. They also went through a lot as far as the strain of their jobs affecting their family life. I have an uncle of mine that was once married to the former wife of a Corporate Officer. "Aunt Eleanore" would tell stories of how they had several houses on the market because her first husband was transfered around so much. He was in charge of Personnel, and his career was when UPS was expanding across the Midwest, I think she stated that her husband hired or worked with Jack Kelly and Oz Nelson. I knew her in the eighties, she had moved to Hilton Head, SC where she met my uncle. She did quite well in her divorce, the stock was private and in seven figures. Things didn't last with my uncle either, money doesn't but happiness. Uncle Coney is in his eighties now, he was a ww2 B29 bombardier over Japan. He stills plays golf. I wonder how Elenore is doing, I liked her a lot.

jaker

trolling
Hey will you guys stop talking bad about him , next thing you know they will make something worse then Orion for us