Is there a guarantee?

frostylhr

if I am pulled from pre-load to drive and I have no route the next day, is there any type of guarantee? I am TCD and work pre. I asked if there was anything I could do. I just feel screwed-no preload and no drive pay at all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This happens occasionally in our building. If you are told the previous day that you will be driving and you show up only to be told that there is no route for you you are entitled to a 4 hour guarantee for that day. You need to file a grievance.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
This happens occasionally in our building. If you are told the previous day that you will be driving and you show up only to be told that there is no route for you you are entitled to a 4 hour guarantee for that day. You need to file a grievance.
I don't know of this is contractually accurate but certainly sounds reasonable

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
if I am pulled from pre-load to drive and I have no route the next day, is there any type of guarantee? I am TCD and work pre. I asked if there was anything I could do. I just feel screwed-no preload and no drive pay at all.
I was a TCD for 3+ years. Sorry to say it but,not much you can do. Always expect to work your scheduled shift.
You should consider noonday or twilight as you regular sort as it gives you the security of knowing before your sort starts if you are driving that day,or not.