Is this a viable alternative to a union?

bbsam

Staff member
Are you prepared if the NLRB decision is implemented? Co-employees would be welcomed with open arms.
And that's what's frustrating about Ground and it's upper management. They are hugely profitable and yet if there could be a vote by all the drivers tomorrow, Pittsburgh would lose horribly. It wouldn't even be close. And they've heard it all before. I'm just not sure they've ever really cared.

overflowed

What does that have to do with the topic? Oh my. You aren't trying to frighten me again, are you?
Things getting a little funny on your side? Calm down mod, just asking you a legit question. Why did I frighten you before? Don't remember doing that.

bbsam

Staff member
Things getting a little funny on your side? Calm down mod, just asking you a legit question. Why did I frighten you before? Don't remember doing that.
You didn't. I said "trying". You know the way you and MFE and Cactus and the rest of the Express whiners like to insist that Ground is a scam doomed to fail. It's an old, useless schtick, but I guess if it's the only one you've got....

Anyway, WAGN so it doesn't really matter does it?

overflowed

It's ok scammy, you can go to bed. I didn't say anything of the sort before. If I did. Let me tell you no fedex monsters are under you bed. See you tomorrow.

bbsam

Staff member
It's ok scammy, you can go to bed. I didn't say anything of the sort before. If I did. Let me tell you no fedex monsters are under you bed. See you tomorrow.
Thank you over. You sleep well tonight as well. I have a long day of abusing the workforce ahead of me tomorrow.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
In regard to the thread title..

oNBbYM1.gif

Too many OpCos with too many golden parachuted CEOs, not to mention the many upon many worthless middlemen.

Just think about the sheer amount of people being lied to that it took to artificially inflate that stock. That bubble burst will happen in our lifetime and I will as always...

wtdNqSC.gif

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I very well know that, and this idea does not represent a very small percentage of what a union does, if even that much, since this really isn't retirement planning.
My point is, that just because a real Union is a lost cause under present conditions doesn't mean there is no other option out there that could bring some sort of negotiating pressure to bear on the company. The structure I propose appears attractive to hourlies, and less threatening to management. AND, it could be a jumping-off point to something bigger and better. Baby steps are better than plopping down on your wet diaper and crying, no?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My point is, that just because a real Union is a lost cause under present conditions doesn't mean there is no other option out there that could bring some sort of negotiating pressure to bear on the company. The structure I propose appears attractive to hourlies, and less threatening to management. AND, it could be a jumping-off point to something bigger and better. Baby steps are better than plopping down on your wet diaper and crying, no?
The only negotiating power you have is to walk.

Enough drivers do it and you all will get compensated better.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The only negotiating power you have is to walk.

Enough drivers do it and you all will get compensated better.
ONLY? That's tantamount to saying the only alternative to democracy is anarchy. Strengthen your position at the table, and you improve your negotiation strength.