Is this the new progression?

nWo

On your seniority date you get brought up to the progression rate. On August 1st every year you get the GWI. In some scenarios due to the GWI you may already have a higher wage than the progression rate. You would keep the higher rate.

If you were making $24 then you got the $2.75 GWI. You would be at $26.75. The next stop in progression says $25. They aren't going to lower your rate to $25. You would keep the higher rate.

But if you were making $24. Got the .75 GWI on Aug 1 2024. Then you are at $24.75. The next step in progression says $25. $25 is higher than $24.75. So you would get the higher rate of $25.

A few contracts ago drivers in progression didn't get the GWI. Now they do. It's a good thing.

specter208

On your seniority date you get brought up to the progression rate. On August 1st every year you get the GWI. In some scenarios due to the GWI you may already have a higher wage than the progression rate. You would keep the higher rate.

If you were making $24 then you got the $2.75 GWI. You would be at $26.75. The next stop in progression says $25. They aren't going to lower your rate to $25. You would keep the higher rate.

But if you were making $24. Got the .75 GWI on Aug 1 2024. Then you are at $24.75. The next step in progression says $25. $25 is higher than $24.75. So you would get the higher rate of $25.

A few contracts ago drivers in progression didn't get the GWI. Now they do. It's a good thing.
So I hit 3 years as a 22.4 last month making $25. On August 1 I will be converted to RPCD and get the rate for a third year RPCD which is $30.75 but not get the extra $2.75 on top? The wording in the TA makes it sound like you get $2.75 on top of whatever your progression is.

In the video

You move to the new progression. Then you get the raise.
Greg explains this very way in the Roswell Hub video.
That's how I read it, and that's how he is reading it.
1 hr 50 min in
Maybe Mondays webinar will get into it more.

Finally got to watch/listen to the video, he didn't offer anything that makes me understand it differently. I'm not saying he's wrong, in fact, I hope I am. The only language on it says FTers in progression will get the GWI, but will not make less than their progression rate. Nothing in that language tells me they're entitled to both.

I'm all about these guys getting all they can, the new progression is dog:censored2:. I guess my point is that I just don't know how to fight it if they don't get both.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Finally got to watch/listen to the video, he didn't offer anything that makes me understand it differently. I'm not saying he's wrong, in fact, I hope I am. The only language on it says FTers in progression will get the GWI, but will not make less than their progression rate. Nothing in that language tells me they're entitled to both.

I'm all about these guys getting all they can, the new progression is dog:censored2:. I guess my point is that I just don't know how to fight it if they don't get both.
I agree with what you're saying

specter208

The union released a document for 22.4 to RPCD conversions. You get the $2.75 added to your current 22.4 rate and then you get whatever the difference is to get you to the minimum RPCD rate for your progression. So a 3 year 22.4 would go like this: $25.00 + $2.75 GWI = $27.75
$27.75 gets bumped to to $30.75 or what ever is higher