Is this the new progression?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
nope, 'employees' is fine.
Do you get upset with drag queens in kindergarten classes or, you ok with 'them'?
Bud light on, man bun.
We don't have any drag queens as teachers here and never had any drag shows in our schools here, but let me guess you know someone that their kindergarten class had a drag show at.
its-on-the-90whb5.jpg

9.5mania

Most jobs have some form of progression to top pay. I hate the 48 months you new guys have, it was 24 for me, but it isn’t unheard of. My son just got hired on as a lineman for an energy company. He will be a 1st class lineman in 4yrs. Other union jobs have apprentice/journeyman pay scale as well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Most jobs have some form of progression to top pay. I hate the 48 months you new guys have, it was 24 for me, but it isn’t unheard of. My son just got hired on as a lineman for an energy company. He will be a 1st class lineman in 4yrs. Other union jobs have apprentice/journeyman pay scale as well.
It is very rare for a new union hire to start out at top rate.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
So at current progression, a 24 month rpcd locks in at $26.75 and a 23 month rpcd would be locked in at $25.75? The $1 per hour difference between the 2 would remain until both drivers hit their 36 month mark?

No, $24 + $2.75. You either get the next step, or the raise, whichever is more.
That's not how it reads. Move to the new progression, then get the 2.75.

BrownSnowFlake

I can’t believe we’re staying at a four year progression when our president said we had a proposal to bring it down to 24 months! If we had a proposal and we’re not giving concessions, we should’ve got that! Although, every time he spoke it was, no concessions, no give backs, no concessions, no give backs! That is a big concession in my opinion! Nobody should have to endure four years to get to top pay!
Quit crying. 2-year progression just proves this job requires zero skill and could be done by any monkey off the street.

Please explain
You get either the GWI ($2.75) or the next step in your progression, whichever is greater.

"Full-time employees still in progression on the effective date of this
Master Agreement shall receive the above contractual increases.
They will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accor-
dance with Article 41, Section 2 below."