Is this the new progression?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is what is confusing. From the TA

Full-time employees still in progression on the effective date of this Master Agreement shall receive the above contractual increases. They will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance with Article 41,

Reads as progression rate plus raise. However this exact language is in the current contract. If you are in progression you only get the yearly rate. No raise no cola, or mra my building it's $26/hr
You would receive the higher of the two rates.

I can’t believe we’re staying at a four year progression when our president said we had a proposal to bring it down to 24 months! If we had a proposal and we’re not giving concessions, we should’ve got that! Although, every time he spoke it was, no concessions, no give backs, no concessions, no give backs! That is a big concession in my opinion! Nobody should have to endure four years to get to top pay!

Last edited:

dogs.bite.me

I can’t believe we’re staying at a four year progression when our president said we had a proposal to bring it down to 24 months! If we had a proposal and we’re not giving concessions, we should’ve got that! Although, every time he spoke it was, no concessions, no give backs, no concessions, no give backs! That is a big concession in my opinion! Nobody should have to endure four years to get to top pay!
Staying the same is not a concession.

I agree with you though, progression should be shorter, or at least the rate should be tied to a percentage of top rate. This way when COLA raises happen, you at least get a percentage of that as well while in progression.

The concession is, there was a proposal for a 24 month progression down from 48 mont and they said they were going to demand that and they didn't or if they did, they conceded because we didn't get it! Unfortunately.
I agree with you but that's not what concession means. Concession would mean we gave up something to get something. Getting our demand rejected isn't a concession.

Pee Bottle

Vote no’ers are some real simpletons man. You just can’t please some people. This is a fight and we will be back in five years and hopefully then we can tackle progression. Sucks for the new drivers now but that’s life.

OldMember

Vote no’ers are some real simpletons man. You just can’t please some people. This is a fight and we will be back in five years and hopefully then we can tackle progression. Sucks for the new drivers now but that’s life.
Yep…. Also 90% of auto accidents are less than 5yr drivers. Progression isnt going anywhere. There’s better places to fight.

The concession is, there was a proposal for a 24 month progression down from 48 mont and they said they were going to demand that and they didn't or if they did, they conceded because we didn't get it! Unfortunately.
We gave up making a good living sooner rather than later giving this company our hard work those 2 extra years! BS Bro.!!

How much longer until you top out?

nWo

Removing 22.4 is a huge win for those people in progression. Also those in progression are very close to $49/hr.

542thruNthru

Progression is pathetic. Vote no! Have some balls. They made double the profits, we clearly deserve more. It was all a show to give us a sorry ass contract. O'Brien is corrupted piece of :censored2:.
You show your president some respect! That's the almighty OZ you're talking about!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
[/QUOTE
How many years you got in Montana