Is tie officilly gone from this site??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
just curious as I havent seen anything from him in a while and as I dont come on here as much as some of you brown cafe freaks do(j/k)....

menotyou

bella amicizia
No, I don't think Tie is banned. I do wholeheartedly believe he has been posting under a multitude of alias'. Maybe, even Terrapin.

rod

Retired 22 years
Some of his statements were "so far out there" that I don't know if he was ever "here" to begin with.

rod:859429 said:
Some of his statements were "so far out there" that I don't know if he was ever "here" to begin with.
Looks like the suck ups are the only ones allowed to speak on this thread. Everyone else gets deleted.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
This thread sucks what's with all the moderation??

I read this blog today. He explains why communities need to be moderated better than I could ever hope to explain it.

If your website's full of a'holes, it's your fault

How many times have you seen a website say "We're not responsible for the content of our comments."? I know that when you webmasters put that up on your sites, you're trying to address your legal obligation. Well, let me tell you about your moral obligation: Hell yes, you are responsible. You absolutely are. When people are saying ruinously cruel things about each other, and you're the person who made it possible, it's 100% your fault. If you aren't willing to be a grown-up about that, then that's okay, but you're not ready to have a web business. Businesses that run cruise ships have to buy life preservers. Companies that sell alcohol have to keep it away from kids. And people who make communities on the web have to moderate them.

When you engage with a community online in a constructive way, it can be one of the most meaningful experiences of your life. It doesn't have to be polite, or neat and tidy, or full of everyone agreeing with each other. It just has to not be hateful and destructive.

I read this blog today. He explains why communities need to be moderated better than I could ever hope to explain it.If your website's full of a'holes, it's your faultHow many times have you seen a website say "We're not responsible for the content of our comments."? I know that when you webmasters put that up on your sites, you're trying to address your legal obligation. Well, let me tell you about your moral obligation: Hell yes, you are responsible. You absolutely are. When people are saying ruinously cruel things about each other, and you're the person who made it possible, it's 100% your fault. If you aren't willing to be a grown-up about that, then that's okay, but you're not ready to have a web business. Businesses that run cruise ships have to buy life preservers. Companies that sell alcohol have to keep it away from kids. And people who make communities on the web have to moderate them.When you engage with a community online in a constructive way, it can be one of the most meaningful experiences of your life. It doesn't have to be polite, or neat and tidy, or full of everyone agreeing with each other. It just has to not be hateful and destructive.
I guess I haven't been there to see most of his posts or I can't figure out which poster he is today. Maybe it's time to close this thread. I won't ask about him or start any threads about him anymore. Sorry if I struck a nerve I just don't get it.