Is ups freight growing???

I

I am a noone

Hmmmm! We just heard at our terminal here that we were down 25% compared to last year.

Send some freight to Albany NY guys!!!!!!!!!!

Momo

I've been with the company fifteen years. IMHO, there needs to be a change in philosophy in business management. We now have "managers" when in fact we need "leaders"! People want to be inspired, to feel that what they are doing is not just marking time, and to feel a part of a greater whole. If we can make that shift, I believe that we can see great strides made. :peaceful:

Down south we are cutting runs, things are very slow. Since we are UPS people expect more, the extra charges have doubled since we were bought. Most road drivers are pulling empties around.

There cutting runs and putting people on the extraboard not exactly a layoff, but close.

BigEmpty53

UPS Freight
In my view, it has slow down since UPS took over. I think UPS was expecting this big boom in business, but it's not happening. What's happening is, every morning your dispatcher rounds you up and says " I need 5-6 guys to go home". Or better yet, they call you in the morning and tell you " We need 18 guys to stay home". Then for those of us that ARE working that day, we get swamped with work, and usually end up doing 13 or 14 hour day. Pick ups are being missed, customers not happy. Didn't have half as many problems while it still was Overnite.

W

westsideworma

In my view, it has slow down since UPS took over. I think UPS was expecting this big boom in business, but it's not happening. What's happening is, every morning your dispatcher rounds you up and says " I need 5-6 guys to go home". Or better yet, they call you in the morning and tell you " We need 18 guys to stay home". Then for those of us that ARE working that day, we get swamped with work, and usually end up doing 13 or 14 hour day. Pick ups are being missed, customers not happy. Didn't have half as many problems while it still was Overnite.

sounds just like some of our package car drivers. Maybe this is the way we're going to run all our levels of service? Watch out for PAS and EDD or whatever it is they'll call for you guys. Maybe you already have it, I don't know. Sure sounds it from the cut runs and 13-14hr days.

DS

Fenderbender
I'm an 18 yr pkg driver....IMHO
Thats the new way they do things BigEmpty,the decision of how many trucks to street is made by some IE guy a thousand miles away,and if the center manager can't pull it off,well,his career at ups is where he is .Man I feel for you guys,and I think you are dead on with ups not knowing anything about frieght,yet forge ahead using former pkg managers that are all about getting promoted,and know dick all about customer service.Get used to this term guys,
"It is what it is" and it aint pretty...welcome aboard

BigEmpty53

UPS Freight
Well I don't think they will be telling some of us to stay home anymore, seeing how now they will have to pay us guaranteed 40hrs a week.

P

pancho

ups freight is not growing these new managers ,hr , sup. they dont have a clue and now with the teamster they will try to play dome about how to run the company. Also this contract was shove down our throughts most ups freight workers did not have a clue how a union works . all junior people are going to get hurt in this contract.

PAUPSER

our freight is slowing dying! they have a lot of drivers on call and with the :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ty contract new contract that we just signed and a :censored2: for a center manager, things at are center at this time really sucks! heck we had 4 drivers last week quit and drive down the road to work at fedex.LOL

SteveOUPS

Me and my helper.
Hmmmm! We just heard at our terminal here that we were down 25% compared to last year.

Send some freight to Albany NY guys!!!!!!!!!!

Once you've been around UPS long enough, you'll realize management plays that card every so often. "We're down!! Volume is down !! We're down 25% !!! The sky is falling!" UPS never says, "Volume is UP !!". In my 22 years, if volume was down as much as they have conveyed in the PCM's there literally wouldn't be one single package left to deliver!! :funny: Please tell me when volume has ever been "UP" ??????

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I didn't know fedex was immune to slow freight. Now they lost what seniority they had and are on the bottom of the fedex board.

For some it doesn't matter if they start on the bottom, they just want some kind of income coming in. I really feel for these guys who have a family to support and are under pressure to do so.