is your district hiring ft-drivers?

chopstic

I heard a myth.... mind you, a piece of questionable fiction.... that UPS actually hires on new drivers. ok... just wondering if your district has hired anyone in the last year. the last time there was a driver hired in my district was last february and she JUST last moth accumulated enough hours to make seniority as a full time driver. woohooo-- one year later and I'm only a couple names closer to a job on the FT driver list. At this rate I should get a chance to drive by the year 2020.

drewed

Shankman
From what I heard they adding very very very few routes and actual driver jobs....the only way to get a driver job is to wait for someone to retire come inside type things. You can always do sat driver to get exp

j13501

I heard a myth.... mind you, a piece of questionable fiction.... that UPS actually hires on new drivers.

New drivers being hired has alway varied based on growth rates in different parts of the country. I remember a few years ago, when in the "rust belt", there were buildings where it took 6-7 years part time to get a driving job. In the south, there were buildings where people had a chance in 1 year.
Of course now (with the economy dying), I don't think any building is adding drivers, unless someone retires and the addition is made for contract compliance.

UPSGUY72

I just finished my thirty days Oct 8. But when I went to school in August I was the only person there for a full time position.

Overpaid Union Thug

I was hired full-time this year. Our center added several driving positions. Not bad considering the current condition of the economy. Its just not real bad here right now. Isn't it funny how the media didn't start all the doom and gloom about the economy until summer started, yet, they make it seem like it's been going on for eight years so they can blame Bush for it? Hmmm......

some1else

Banned
hopefully when the messiah (obama) is elected the media will quit scaring people; they will start spending some money, and we can get some work again

Overpaid Union Thug

hopefully when the messiah (obama) is elected the media will quit scaring people; they will start spending some money, and we can get some work again

I actually believe that the media caused much, if not most, of the economic meltdown. Its sure is strange how they started all this doom and gloom just when it was time for the elections to start heating up. Hmmm.........