Issued a warning letter over a misload?

MattM

OP, are you saying they planted misload boxes in your truck (since boxes were rearranged)?

Last edited:

clean hairy

I did that after it got thrown out and stupervisor was over supervising due to being caught making things up, and always pestering me.
After a few weeks, they moved on to someone else when they saw I would not put up with the games.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
So apparently this is my second misload when they tested us without us knowing they put changed the labels. And after the second one, the supervisor said we won't have this talk again about misloads and I agreed. Next thing I know, the supervisor has the union rep bring me a warning letter over a misload.

WTF. If I was just given a verbal warning how can it just jump to a warning letter? When I asked if I was the only one they said no and had given other people warning letters for a misload. Is there a way to grieve this, especially since the second case was one where I left for break and came back to see the boxes rearranged?
What do you mean "changed the labels". Just curious, all my misloads in January can get thrown out because %20 of my volume is not even finished by the time drivers and other help bail me out.

By the looks of things, they also cut dispatcher hours because these load chart fun 4-didget numbers look like they were put together by a homeschooled toddler.

Last edited:

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
What do you mean "changed the labels". Just curious, all my misloads in January can get thrown out because %20 of my volume is not even finished by the time drivers and other help bail me out.

By the looks of things, they also cut dispatcher hours because these load chart fun 4-didget numbers look like they were put together by a homeschooled toddler.
Addcuts

clean hairy

By the looks of things, they also cut dispatcher hours because these load chart fun 4-didget numbers look like they were put together by the folks who came up with Orion.
Fixed

Azodiac92

They put other labels over the original label sometimes too to make sure we're checking.

Justaloader

They put other labels over the original label sometimes too to make sure we're checking.

They've been doing similar things in my hub. I'm a twilight loader - they've resorted to putting labels on bags that scan "good" and give the indication that it can be loaded into the trailer.....yet the boxes within the bag are actually bad. They want us to be checking the boxes in each of the bags now, all the while trying to keep up with the flow, etc. (If you don't maintain close to 400 packages an hour, you end up buried and literally don't have time to look at each bag due to them getting on your ass about not loading fast enough). I know "PPM" isn't recognized by the union contract. Unfortunately, in our building, the steward works on the airwall and won't come to help with a dispute or anything until he's off the clock - which usually isn't until midnight, well after all of us rank and file loaders are sent home. It's frustrating, to say the least.

The other part that is fun is when you get a box that errors out (bad), you toss it out of the trailer, on to the floor (about 5ft below where dock is for the trailer). At the end of the night when folks are trying to get the PD cleaned up, irregs loaded, etc - it's not uncommon to see folks from other PD's in the building come down to lend a hand, and by that I mean they pick up whatever is in front of the trailer, and toss it in (as they don't know the reads for our area). So, if you scanned a box at 6:30 pm and tossed it out (as you should), and it gets tossed back in the truck at 10:45 pm due to someone trying to "help" and not knowing any better, guess who gets written up for the missload? Yep....gotta love the cluster:censored2: of a circus this place can be at times.

542thruNthru

They've been doing similar things in my hub. I'm a twilight loader - they've resorted to putting labels on bags that scan "good" and give the indication that it can be loaded into the trailer.....yet the boxes within the bag are actually bad. They want us to be checking the boxes in each of the bags now, all the while trying to keep up with the flow, etc. (If you don't maintain close to 400 packages an hour, you end up buried and literally don't have time to look at each bag due to them getting on your ass about not loading fast enough). I know "PPM" isn't recognized by the union contract. Unfortunately, in our building, the steward works on the airwall and won't come to help with a dispute or anything until he's off the clock - which usually isn't until midnight, well after all of us rank and file loaders are sent home. It's frustrating, to say the least.

The other part that is fun is when you get a box that errors out (bad), you toss it out of the trailer, on to the floor (about 5ft below where dock is for the trailer). At the end of the night when folks are trying to get the PD cleaned up, irregs loaded, etc - it's not uncommon to see folks from other PD's in the building come down to lend a hand, and by that I mean they pick up whatever is in front of the trailer, and toss it in (as they don't know the reads for our area). So, if you scanned a box at 6:30 pm and tossed it out (as you should), and it gets tossed back in the truck at 10:45 pm due to someone trying to "help" and not knowing any better, guess who gets written up for the missload? Yep....gotta love the cluster:censored2: of a circus this place can be at times.

Curious why you need your steward there for a dispute?

As long as you're working safely and by the methods you don't need to worry.

Demand a steward everytime they want to write you up. Sign nothing and grieve it after. It's just a scare tactic. You're never ever going to be fired for PPH.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They purposely put the wrong state boxes in there to see if we're checking.
Sounds like the night sort except they always forget a handful of pickup pieces per car. I'm sure that means they will arrive 1-day late but hey I'm not the one directing where the warning letters go.

My eyes could be going bad because I rarely look at the imprinter number. Just the address on the box and at the scanner for the hin number if I need it for a new stop.

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
A driver in my building tore down the Overhead Bay door when he was pulling out of the building and caused $10,000 in damage to the door and Bulk Van.

Another driver in my building went 10 feet with the seatbelt unbuckled.

Both drivers got a Warning Letter............. which shows Warning Letters are meaningless

A driver in my building tore down the Overhead Bay door when he was pulling out of the building and caused $10,000 in damage to the door and Bulk Van.

Both drivers got a Warning Letter............. which shows Warning Letters are meaningless
Just please wait 9 months before you get another one.

Justaloader

Curious why you need your steward there for a dispute?

As long as you're working safely and by the methods you don't need to worry.

Demand a steward everytime they want to write you up. Sign nothing and grieve it after. It's just a scare tactic. You're never ever going to be fired for PPH.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant to say if ever you need the steward for a dispute, he's never available until late in the shift, if ever. It's frustrating as the process is supposed be - situation arises, employee asks for steward to be present. Steward is to review the situation and allow UPS staff (management) to correct the situation as to avoid a grievance, etc. That whole step is moot / impossible when the steward is busy working. It's possible my perception is flawed, but, I was of the impression the steward should be "free" during the shift so that he can intervene in any situation that arises anywhere in the building during the shift. What's the use of having a process requiring the stewards intervention when the steward himself literally can't leave his position (loading trailers on the airwall) until his shift is over (which as I said, is usually around midnight, which is long after the rest of us rank and file loaders are sent home for the evening)?

clean hairy

Gotta learn how to play.
Sup wants to know why you are getting backed up while checking labels in every bag.
You step to the side and ask the Sup to demonstrate how to stay caught up.
It is the job of the Sup to be able to demonstrate how to perform the duties to meet the expectations they set.

AwashBwashCwash

My first couple weeks as a lot porter I didn't know that the package cars had sensors that reported whether they moved without a seat belt on.
That was a fun talk.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Got a Warning Letter on a Monday for a bunch of missorts the previous week.
Stewart was present, did RTS.
Filed a protest of grievance, with the fact I was on vacation during the time this supposedly happened included on the grievance.
Warning letter was thrown out, of course!
I had several of those incidents happen to me, misloads when clocked off. Ended up using those papers to line the insides of my outhouse. Only place they seemed to be of any use.