Issues during qualifying..

box_beeyotch

Their supposed to have you on a consistent route for 30 days straight to qualify, what they put on said route is basically at dispatches discretion. I had the same problem, but all in all it I'd what it is, that's how you learn. Take it on the chin, show up everyday, do your best and don't have an accident and you should be more than good.

oldngray

nowhere special
If they start messing with your dispatch and constantly sending you to different areas I think you should qualify as long as your performance is decent even if not scratch. They should be able to tell if you are going to be a good driver so as long as you don't hit anything or do something really stupid you should be OK.

CHALLY9TX

Our local has won grievances for management changing the area of a training route. The CMs in my building know not to add different areas to training routes. A couple drivers have qualified early for this.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BUCN85

Our local has won grievances for management changing the area of a training route. The CMs in my building know not to add different areas to training routes. A couple drivers have qualified early for this.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I can't completely say they are changing areas. But I have gotten 10-15 stops and several pick ups added in an area they never showed me. Then couple stops in another area I wasn't shown. And both of these sections are sometime on other routes. And I'm not from the area of the hub I'm training at so these sections I'm being sent to I have never seen. During my first 3 days I was taken to 2 sections. Since then I have had 3 other sections that I was sent to in the blind. And these sections have been alternated in and out of the route so the consistency just isn't there. I can't get a routine down when this happens.

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

BUCN85

Had a planned day of only 7.42 and was an hour and 8 mins over So my planned day has me finishing before my pick ups are done. This makes no sense. How can u scratch with less than 8 hour day

CHALLY9TX

Had a planned day of only 7.42 and was an hour and 8 mins over So my planned day has me finishing before my pick ups are done. This makes no sense. How can u scratch with less than 8 hour day

Planned days never make sense. They can make the computer say whatever they want.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BUCN85

Does taking your paid 20 min break really add .33 to your time allowance

oldngray

nowhere special
Does taking your paid 20 min break really add .33 to your time allowance

No. You get no time allowance for paid breaks so they count against your over allow. Your planned day will be the same whether you take your paid breaks or not.

BUCN85

No. You get no time allowance for paid breaks so they count against your over allow. Your planned day will be the same whether you take your paid breaks or not.
Well that's nice to know. I was told to take my paid breaks it will add .33 to my time.

oldngray

nowhere special
Well that's nice to know. I was told to take my paid breaks it will add .33 to my time.

You can do it both ways to compare. You should take your breaks but working through them will help your numbers when you are trying to qualify. Or should unless they have changed allowances.

BUCN85

Back to my original question though. If I keep getting dispatched under 8 hours do I have a case to file a grievance if I don't qualify being that running scratch on and under 8 hour planned day is pretty much not attainable

oldngray

nowhere special
With UPS messing with the numbers it can be hard to have enough work for it to show up as a planned 8 hour day on many routes. No easy answer to that other than management should know which routes have messed up allowances and take that into consideration.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How can you scratch with less than 8 hour day?

The same way you scratch with a 10 hour day.

As I said above, the OR will show your planned day and how long it took you to do it. If you are dispatched under 8 and run it in less than 8 hours, you will receive guarantee pay for the difference.

1.08 over on a 7.42 is not good. Did you spend a lot of time waiting for your pickups?

BUCN85

The same way you scratch with a 10 hour day.

As I said above, the OR will show your planned day and how long it took you to do it. If you are dispatched under 8 and run it in less than 8 hours, you will receive guarantee pay for the difference.

1.08 over on a 7.42 is not good. Did you spend a lot of time waiting for your pickups?
One of my pick ups took about 10 mins longer then needed. It just doesn't make sense to me Friday I was .72 over and today I had more stops and finished 20 mins earlier then Friday. But my time shows 30 mins worse today

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of my pick ups took about 10 mins longer then needed. It just doesn't make sense to me Friday I was .72 over and today I had more stops and finished 20 mins earlier then Friday. But my time shows 30 mins worse today.

There are far too many variables used to determine your planned day than I care to list here.
Did you have fewer miles, packages, COD's, signature stops?

PT Car Washer

One of my pick ups took about 10 mins longer then needed. It just doesn't make sense to me Friday I was .72 over and today I had more stops and finished 20 mins earlier then Friday. But my time shows 30 mins worse today

Let your center management team worry about all the numbers. That is what they get paid for. Run the route, deliver the packages, pick up the packages, and don't crash. Either they want you or they don't want you and you can't change that.

BUCN85

There are far too many variables used to determine your planned day than I care to list here.
Did you have fewer miles, packages, COD's, signature stops?
5 more miles Friday. More pickup pieces and 3 extra pick up stops. More sig also on that Friday. But not by many

tadpole

If they give you less than 8 hours work, you should be able to finish your deliveries before your pickups start. If you have time, rather than waiting, take another meal period. That will save you .50. Only do this until you qualify.

BUCN85

Well today took the cake. I finally got used to 2 sections worth about 20 stops. I go in today and those 2 sections got replaced with a differnt section of 30 stops that I have never seen before. There is no consistency going on how can I improve. Can I file for an automatic qualify if I end up getting dq for not scratching