It’s a rap

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I been@ at ups for a Long time there were no cell phones when I started we had pagers I don’t know how much Time u have in back then there was a pay phone booth on every corner. What a pain in the ass u had to call the center every time they paged u
they wanted me to carry a pager and I said no. the company wanted you to have your own pager so it was our choice. when I was on the relief board I just called in twice a day to see if there was any work. sure i missed out sometimes by not having a pager but it was my choice.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Bored? I always tell everyone new to retirement "Get Busy or Die" I can't even count the number of PKG drivers who just said "man I am taking it easy". Most of them are dead now! If you are into cars and two wheel stuff like you say? Get at it! You have an adjustment period to life when you first retire and everyone experience is different so just embrace your new found Love of Life!

I myself play with Cars and Motorcycles as some of my hobbies too. Take time to travel and enjoy the small stuff. Enjoy the Family more than ever with "NO STRESS" whatsoever is your new gig! Just get busy!
Right on. I'm busier now than when I was working. but doing things I love to do.

Gixxer2003

5D09777F-1B1F-4579-934D-F83CA248A6A1.jpeg

clean hairy

There were times in the early years I was delivering in the dark out in the middle of no where that I would have killed to have access to Morse Code. (I learned it as a Boy Scout). Half the places I delivered to didn't even have a phone or if they did it was on an 8 party line and your chances of being able to use it were slim at best.
I guess those oil lamp headlights were better than nothing?