It's the TIE!!!!

U

upsdude

I found this at www.wavy.com, sorry Tieguy I couldnt resist. LOL!!

Tight Necktie May Increase The Risk Of Developing Glaucoma

Wearing a tight necktie isn't just uncomfortable - it may hurt your vision. A new study finds tightly tied neckties affect measurements of pressure within the eye, and may increase the risk of developing glaucoma, a leading cause of blindness.

Researchers compared the eye pressure in 40-men, half of whom had glaucoma.

The pressure was measured while the men were wearing an open collar shirt, while wearing a tight necktie and three minutes after loosening the tie.

All the men had higher pressure readings while wearing the tightly tied ties.

Researchers say the findings are evidence that tightly tied neckties increase eye pressure and may be a risk factor for glaucoma, particularly in people with thick necks and those who wear ties every day. They say the study is also important for doctors and patients who rely on eye pressure measurements to track glaucoma management.

Researchers believe the increase comes from pressure on the jugular vein.

Glaucoma is a disease in which the optic nerve is permanently and progressively damaged by high pressure that results from fluid buildup in the eye.

This study was conducted by researchers at Suny Brooklyn, Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, NYU School Of Medicine and New York Medical College. It is published in the British Journal Of Opthalmology.

30andout

Why does this apply to UPS? \I thought for safety reasons you were supposed to use fake ties not real ones.}

T

tieguy

Good stuff Dude. I wonder if I could get a doctor to write me a note...lol.

U

upsdude

Give it a shot tie!

My manager is so short you can see his feet in a drivers license picture and has a neck like a gorilla. I told him that tie was keeping him from seeing just how darn good I am on road! LOL!