Jarrett Gone?

T

Tater82

If our performance and numbers were as bad as Jarrett's we would have already been fired.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Scratch, I thought only people with cash flow problems got COD's. Roger Penske getting a COD Early AM, that's weird!
mattwtrs,
I made the delivery to a Penske Truck Leasing Dealer near the raceway that didn't an account set up with the wheel manufacturer. $741.13 for one polished aluminum wheel. The shop foreman had to send someone to Alabama to pick up a special tire to go on it.

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
It so bad that my wife and I four years ago quit watching and buying Nascar tickets. The route to go now is NHRA. My only fear is that the corp. that bought that association out is some how controlled by the FRANCE FAMILY.

Same here. Used to go to one NASCAR race and one NHRA event per year. Haven't been to a NASCAR race since the June Pocono race in '02.
Haven't seen a race on TV all year either come to think of it....:sleeping::yawn:

diesel96

Nascar boring ? People losing interest? Or is it the southern based good ole boys getting it handed to them by drivers from California, Indiana and other parts of the country. Now there's open wheel drivers flocking to nascar to race. You never see it the other way around. And lets not forget Japan's interest in the sport now with Toyota competing. Oh BTW 75 million people fan base. Nothing to yawn at.

ups79

Nascar boring ? People losing interest? Or is it the southern based good ole boys getting it handed to them by drivers from California, Indiana and other parts of the country. Now there's open wheel drivers flocking to nascar to race. You never see it the other way around. And lets not forget Japan's interest in the sport now with Toyota competing. Oh BTW 75 million people fan base. Nothing to yawn at.

But why do you see so many empty seats. I suggest what napcar should do is put cardboard cut outs in all those empty seats. Then when Big Brent M. states a sell out crowd we can actually believe it. Granted they might have that large of a fan base, but it has been getting smaller.

diesel96

But why do you see so many empty seats. I suggest what napcar should do is put cardboard cut outs in all those empty seats. Then when Big Brent M. states a sell out crowd we can actually believe it. Granted they might have that large of a fan base, but it has been getting smaller.

The folks that schedule racing for NASCAR need to realize that scheduling and logistics go hand in hand, for example two races at the same track in California are one race too many...Add to that that the ratings for the event plummeted last year's television ratings for the same event...It's an off weekend for the Cup Series, where in past racing years an event would have been run this weekend at Rockingham. No wonder the Southern based race fans who have been following NASCAR for 30 or 35 years are annoyed at the new scheduling...
Some of the road-racing facilities are downright beautiful: Road America, Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta and Infineon Raceway rank among the most picturesque in the world. But while I can certainly recognize and enjoy the ambience of these unique places, the actual on-track interest leaves me cold.
It’s one thing to race sports cars or Indy cars on these types of circuits. In fact, over the last few years I've begun to at least be somewhat interested in watching cars that belong on road courses actually race on these circuits.
But to put a lumbering 3,400 pound NEXTEL Cup stock car out there is ludicrous.
Let's be honest, Cup cars were not designed for road racing. Teams have to go out and buy or develop a road racing-specific design just to be able to enter a race twice a year, an added expense that's seriously unnecessary in this age of skyrocketing costs.

ups79

Let's see if those seats are empty at 11.

Seems to be empty at 11:00, 12:00, 1:00, 2:00 and so on. Aleast they will not have capitol expense of seating construction. Ten years from now the hollywood boys will be racing to a grandstand similiar to the IRL of today. You can't see that?

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
FYI, DJ makes another race qualifying in the 26th position. Mikey did not. David Reutiman, our new driver next year made it in too.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Nascar has been on road courses since it`s inception. It`s not the race it`s the track,Sonoma is ok but the Glen is a snore when running the short course. I`d like to see them run at Laguna Seca myself. Of course criticizing road courses is hypocritical as there are far more ovals that are sleep inducing.

There has been talk of different road courses all the time. I personally would love to see them run at VIR in Virginia. I have run there and it is fantastic. So much fun. I hopw ro get back there again sometime soon.

govols019

You smell that?
How can someone not like The Glen? I love when they go there.

One race at California is too many. Put the Southern 500 back at Darlington where God intended it to be.

I don't even want to think about the mess the corkscrew at Laguna Seca would cause. Might as well just have a demolition derby instead.

govols019

You smell that?
Oh, well that's different.

It has to be the prettiest track the Cup circuit races on. Not really hard to be prettier than an oval, I guess. LOL

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
The Napcar season is finally over and DJ managed to get a 17th place finish!

"NAPCAR" is right. Terrible season for the UPS car and its driver. Haven't seen anything to get excited about for 2008 season. UPS needs a major "overhaul".
Until then....I have to face the FDX guy who always says....HOW ABOUT THAT DENNY HAMLIN!!!!........aaaarrrrrrrgghhh!

wkmac

"NAPCAR" is right. Terrible season for the UPS car and its driver. Haven't seen anything to get excited about for 2008 season. UPS needs a major "overhaul".
Until then....I have to face the FDX guy who always says....HOW ABOUT THAT DENNY HAMLIN!!!!........aaaarrrrrrrgghhh!

Just remind him of Bob Vandergriff and the fact that it's UPS that can only go this fast on the planet and FedEx knows it can't so won't enter that arena! You can add your own spice and spin to ramp it up if you like but you should get some satisfaction at gigging him with it!
:wink2: