Transpo consultant thinks Teamsters won't strike.....

qdg2

Why? Most have it pretty good(six or near figures)...especially "legacy" folks and full-timers in general. Wouldn't want to upset that.....that's his theory anyway. He did talk about excessive overtime and generally the issues talked about here. Like bidding and transfers and such.

BTW, this guy has worked for UPS and Fed-Ex as a consultant. He did say Fed-Ex has been crappy profit-wise. And didn't think they(FDX) could handle any of the extra volume from a strike. He also said anything more than a week would be catastrophic to the industry and the economy in general.......he used the word "catastrophic several times. He did say that generally FDX hasn't stolen away volume with scare tactics...generally. '97 was talked about some.

He did say that UPS is basically twice as big as it was in '97 and has been super profitable for several years....only crappy lately.

He did say Tome' is an excellent CEO and that will get the negotiations through without a strike.....his words.

qdg2

There was also discussion about UPS's scab same day delivery company. How the union wanted to put limitations on such.....and how UPS would never allow it.

In other words
He doesent know how to post a link
200 (10).gif

It appeared on my Youtube feed. You can find it if you want to. Look up "Routing for Success".
Nope. You find it, click "share" then "copy link" then come back here and long-click in the comment box and select "paste." Select the link you copied and then "post reply."

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Why? Most have it pretty good(six or near figures)...especially "legacy" folks and full-timers in general. Wouldn't want to upset that.....that's his theory anyway. He did talk about excessive overtime and generally the issues talked about here. Like bidding and transfers and such.

BTW, this guy has worked for UPS and Fed-Ex as a consultant. He did say Fed-Ex has been crappy profit-wise. And didn't think they(FDX) could handle any of the extra volume from a strike. He also said anything more than a week would be catastrophic to the industry and the economy in general.......he used the word "catastrophic several times. He did say that generally FDX hasn't stolen away volume with scare tactics...generally. '97 was talked about some.

He did say that UPS is basically twice as big as it was in '97 and has been super profitable for several years....only crappy lately.

He did say Tome' is an excellent CEO and that will get the negotiations through without a strike.....his words.
You lost me in the first sentence "Most have it pretty good(six or near figures)".

That just isn't true and is a company driven false narrative.

The vast majority do nowhere near that well and the minority that do, have invested many years to get there.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You lost me in the first sentence "Most have it pretty good(six or near figures)".

That just isn't true and is a company driven false narrative.

The vast majority do nowhere near that well and the minority that do, have invested many years to get there.
And ask @542thruNthru how far 100k goes in San Diego…live like a king in Mississippi, barely middle class on the West Coast.

And ask @542thruNthru how far 100k goes in San Diego…live like a king in Mississippi, barely middle class on the West Coast.
I have friends in SD we go see. I work about 2,400 hours, so you know what I make, and my wife makes a little more than we do annually. Was talking to one of them and said we'd have to make about $400k to live how we live here...he told me I undershot it...😳

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I have friends in SD we go see. I work about 2,400 hours, so you know what I make, and my wife makes a little more than we do annually. Was talking to one of them and said we'd have to make about $400k to live how we live here...he told me I undershot it...😳
Studio bedrooms run for at least $1000 or higher a month in a crime ridden cesspool in my neck of the woods. I checked a couple that are a bit lower, but they’re either bedrooms being shared and/or the kitchen is shared. Couple that with grocery expenses and gas for commute I’d probably have $160 for myself/saving throughout the month and that’s with paying rent for $800 and no utilities and I were to just rely on PT UPS. Things are only getting higher. I’d get another job, but public transit is trash here with all the transients, and it’s more economical to stay with my parents and help with groceries and rent since they’re getting older.