jezzzzzzzz im confused

Griff

the psychological warefare you have to fight is that which is within. you took the job knowing it was going to be a ball buster. No one promised you a desk job you could sleep at. if you let the dispatch or pas put you in a crappy mood every day then you have only yourself to blame.

Nice try, creampuff. I guess I'm not following the methods huh? Keep giving me negative feedback too, I don't care about numbers (at work or here). Your right though, I have only myself to blame for being frustrated with incompetent people who sleep at their desk all day. Who the hell am I to expect results when I report a problem? How dare I expect someone to actually earn their paycheck and possibly be held accountable. I guess I'm expecting too much from UPS because god knows I'm never held accountable for any of the mistakes that I make (LOL).

over9five

Staff member
I neither love, nor hate my job. It's just a job. I get along with everybody because I just don't care about their problems or agendas. Anyone I see is just for a couple of minutes, and then I'm off on my own.

Do my job, go home.

tieguy

Banned
Nice try, creampuff. I gtuess I'm not following the methods huh? Keep giving me negative feedback too, I don't care about numbers (at work or here). Your right though, I have only myself to blame for being frustrated with incompetent people who sleep at their desk all day. Who the hell am I to expect results when I report a problem? How dare I expect someone to actually earn their paycheck and possibly be held accountable. I guess I'm expecting too much from UPS because god knows I'm never held accountable for any of the mistakes that I make (LOL).

Griff . I see a reacurring theme here buddy. Looks like you're happier when you're blaming someone else for your crappy day.

If I had your outlook I would have left a long time ago. I'm surprised you continue putting up with such an incompetent company that goes out of its way to screw you over every day and that does not care about your personal safety.

But at least you have a strong union local that believes in vandalizing peoples cars to console you.

Griff

Griff . I see a reacurring theme here buddy. Looks like you're happier when you're blaming someone else for your crappy day.

If I had your outlook I would have left a long time ago. I'm surprised you continue putting up with such an incompetent company that goes out of its way to screw you over every day and that does not care about your personal safety.

But at least you have a strong union local that believes in vandalizing peoples cars to console you.

You see a reacurring theme with ME blaming SOMEONE ELSE for my "crappy day". Well I guess I'm a victim of learning from the best every morning from 8AM-8:30. Whoops there I go again, blaming someone else...I'm good, maybe I should throw my letter in.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
i want to be that driver from clarkville !!! he has the perfect day every day not!!!!!! it's like u.p.s version of the twilight zone oops im sorry i meant "the saftey zone"
:funny::funny::funny:

helenofcalifornia

I'm like Over9.5. I enjoy seeing all the guys in the morning for a bit, hearing what gossip is new, how their days went yesterday, etc. But I sure do like driving off and having the rest of the day to myself, my package car and my customers. Put me down in the "I like working for UPS" column. It's a tough job, but I knew that going into it. And you only have to listen to management for 10-15 minutes in the morning max. Alright by me.

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
I agree - as soon as I leave the building( propaganda, bullsh**, hype, etc..) my day starts getting better. EVERY job has it's pros and cons. Your attitude WILL control most of your feelings throughout the day. Do the best with what you've got, accept what you can't change, be fair and honest, realize everything good you have in your life. I'm not here to say I love my job, but it's a pretty good one and I do reap many benefits from being employed by UPS and represented by the Teamsters. Leaving the bldg all pi**ed off is a recipe for disaster!! You've got to concentrate on the job at hand, wheeling that pkg car in and out of traffic making ONE STOP AT A TIME. Everybody has "bad days" but being miserable every day is not the way to go through life. Make a change, do something different, it starts with you.:smart:

Griff

I agree - as soon as I leave the building( propaganda, bullsh**, hype, etc..) my day starts getting better. EVERY job has it's pros and cons. Your attitude WILL control most of your feelings throughout the day. Do the best with what you've got, accept what you can't change, be fair and honest, realize everything good you have in your life. I'm not here to say I love my job, but it's a pretty good one and I do reap many benefits from being employed by UPS and represented by the Teamsters. Leaving the bldg all pi**ed off is a recipe for disaster!! You've got to concentrate on the job at hand, wheeling that pkg car in and out of traffic making ONE STOP AT A TIME. Everybody has "bad days" but being miserable every day is not the way to go through life. Make a change, do something different, it starts with you.:smart:

I'm starting to believe this. You either have to find a way to ignore the BS or you should just call it a career. I've been thinking about going back to school to become a labor lawyer -- mainly because I leave the building with steam leaking from my ears. The problems seem to be much bigger than at the operations level, none of us can change it. Hell even the people who are "our bosses" can't do a thing to change it, it's really sickening. I'm gonna try to follow your advice and just leave it at the guard shack.

AlaskaMike

Yep Tieguy, it's always the driver's fault.

Over dispatched? Driver should have worked faster.
Air freight late? Driver should have worked faster.
Dangerous driving conditions? Driver should have worked faster.
3 vacant driver positions? Driver shouldn't have called in sick.
Drivers laid off, but packages still missed? Drivers should have worked faster.
Unsafe conditions, reported to manager the week before, lead to driver injury... Guess what? Driver should have worked safer.

HazMatMan

the psychological warefare you have to fight is that which is within. you took the job knowing it was going to be a ball buster. No one promised you a desk job you could sleep at. if you let the dispatch or pas put you in a crappy mood every day then you have only yourself to blame.

I did take the job knowing it was going to be a ball buster (lifting, loading, walking etc etc..) just didn't know the place would be full of ball busters (management)........lol.

DS

Fenderbender
I'm like over9 and helen,I like being on my own all day.
I come to work,punch in about 20 min early,check the op report to make sure I am going to be paid for my hours worked,and proceed to my car for a quick boo.If the belt is a mess and my truck has a mountain of pkgs in the back,I ask if I can go on the clock.If they say yes,I'm on it ,if they say no,off I go to for a smoke outside with the boys.I always warn my sup if I think I'm overdispatched that he may be getting a call.IMO how much I love,or hate my job is related directly to my immediate mngmt team.We all know how new ctr mngrs like to stir things up,and they come and go like bad colds in the winter.All in all though although this is the weirdest job I've ever had,I'd say i like it the most.I don't think I could ever work an inside job again,looking at the clock every 10 minutes.

upsgrunt

I have to agree also. Getting worked up before you leave doesn't do any good. You can only deliver one stop at a time, so just take it one step at a time. Sometimes when you get into a load, it practically falls off and sometimes not. Try to laugh at yourself as much as you can, and NEVER gripe to the customer-it makes you look foolish and does no good. Do you need a reason to enjoy this job? How about that you can fart, spit, or puke just about whenever or wherever you want. Thats got to be a perk not many other jobs have!:happy-very:

paidslave

You see a reacurring theme with ME blaming SOMEONE ELSE for my "crappy day". Well I guess I'm a victim of learning from the best every morning from 8AM-8:30. Whoops there I go again, blaming someone else...I'm good, maybe I should throw my letter in.

Don't let these guys work you up here.....Tieguy or anyone....If someone believes you are a Fire-cracker they will try and light your wick! Don't give them that opportunity! The ties love to see meltdowns!

I totally agree these 11 hour days are long and the stress definately increases when you are gone so long...most times without our control.....That is the hardest to cope with for me anyway....

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't and in reality that is just life!

rea015

Well what a response, it seems we'r all in the same boat :peaceful:and we all think the same (managment bs etc etc) Ive learnt something..... from a couple of the reply's, start the day with a positive attitude dont worry about the pcm's and do what you can do and work towards your pension.Looking at the reply's it seems we'r, 50/50 happy/unhappy think i will go with happy and carry on

Thanks

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'm starting to believe this. You either have to find a way to ignore the BS or you should just call it a career. I've been thinking about going back to school to become a labor lawyer -- mainly because I leave the building with steam leaking from my ears. The problems seem to be much bigger than at the operations level, none of us can change it. Hell even the people who are "our bosses" can't do a thing to change it, it's really sickening. I'm gonna try to follow your advice and just leave it at the guard shack.
leave it Griff or you will have the "big one" before you are 35.. (another post)
You do what you can, the best you can. And if you are truly doing that, then they will never find a reason to fire you. And that will relieve the stress. Dont let the politcs of the company get to you, I used to and I left stressed everyday. Not good for you, or your day. They go in one at a time, and might come out a few at a time, but they will get out somehow. In the words of a wise, nice old boss, "go out and try to have fun!!" When you work as many hours as we do, you cant be miserable all day, you have to learn to enjoy life while you are working. Most days I can, some days its tougher. Smile a little more, its good for you, chat with some people instead of taking a lunch alone. Im getting (I hope) to where I see light coming from the end of the tunnel. But it has gotten easier, and less stressful since I just do what I am paid to do, listen when I have to, tell them when I realize I have made a mistake or they have:smart:and put it out of my mind.