job abandonment?

Jas85374

From what I understand you did technically abandon, but unless your center manager is a hard as nails d bag you will probably be ok. Side note: From the language, my understanding is that the cardinal "work as directed" rule only applies to the primary function that you're assigned. For example: I'm a pick off, and if they are short handed at the end then they can't use the work as directed rule to make me load. Is that understanding correct?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Aztec1989

Okay, thanks.Yeah my sup is pregnant and she hates everybody so who knows what she will say or do.She plays favoritism game with some but unfortunately I have only been is smalls for six months so idk.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
From what I understand you did technically abandon, but unless your center manager is a hard as nails d bag you will probably be ok. Side note: From the language, my understanding is that the cardinal "work as directed" rule only applies to the primary function that you're assigned. For example: I'm a pick off, and if they are short handed at the end then they can't use the work as directed rule to make me load. Is that understanding correct?

Sent using BrownCafe App
That is incorrect. We are package handlers...yes, we are assigned to certain centers or work areas but they can make you load, unload, etc...so long as you have no medical or weight lifting restrictions, and it is not a preferred job. I've been a loader for years, but I could come in tomorrow...and they could tell me to go unload trailers. Work as directed.

STFXG

At least if you get fired you have a great story for your future grand kids. "You think things are tough now!? I once got fired because I :censored2: my pants!"

Sent using BrownCafe App

browntroll

doubt you will get fired. i see ppl leave without telling sups all the time and no one seems to even care.
i always see one guy that leaves early even though sups tell him to stay and work more but nothing ever happens to him.
i know of one guy that :censored2: himself, he took like 30-40min cleaning himself and still finished his shift but he always
wore extra shirt and shorts/pants.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Heres what happened.I am a sorter in smalls and i finished my whole bin but instead of being able to leave they ask us to go to secondary.I went and bagged a little but then I had to go to the bathroom BADLY. I went and told the part time sup and unfortunately I ended up needing a new change of clothes with only 20 until I had worked five hours I left the bathroom and headed towards the exit. I started to clock out and then noticed some one with less seniority then me walking down the hall but im not sure if he clocked out before I did or not.Can I be fired for job abandonment?or will I be given a warning?

APPARENTLY TACO NIGHT WAS A BAD CHOICE

mchi.gif

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
When I was an inside guy and worked in the sort aisle I never waited for a sup to tell me to go home. When my unloader was done, I'd start heading for the door. If the part time sup needed me to stay he'd know to swing by and ask me to hang out for a while before I left.
When I was a feeder loader, I finished my last trailer, put up the incompatibles and then headed for the time clock. Because this was the precedent they couldn't say much to me.

Aztec1989

I'm glad this gave everyone a good laugh lol.I was not even approached about it so I get to keep my job! Unless, I get a letter in the mail sometime next week.Um, yeah no you can't have my underwear! What a gross thought but I know you're jk or at least I hope you are , but then again you work at UPS and we are a little crazy so who knows.Anyways thanks people for your insight if I ever shart my pants again I will know exactly what to do.Hey at least like my friend said if it looked like hers after a bad run in with the shoneys buffet then maybe I would have gotten rewarded for "going green" lol.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Aztec1989

Sent using BrownCafe App
Would think so