job given away while on vacation

Purplepackage

Depends on who you are. I've known people who have been out for over a year, one guy close to two years, who had their routes waiting for them when they came back. Others have to come back early, or before they're ready in order to not lose their route and end up being displaced.

There is rampant favouritism at this place.

Right now we have 3 people out on Injury, 2 of them have been out for over 2 months and there job and route will be waiting for them when they get back. 3rd guy just officially went out, and at this point our station is screwed on staffing. Part time guy basically working as a swing driver becasue we don't have enough and the am manager is running a route 3 times a week but I know for certain all of them will have the route and job no matter how long they are out. That's just how my station works

Hatch76

Your story is ironic, because Express is supposed to be consistent in terms of policy. You are seeing first-hand how one station does it one way, and the station 20 miles away does it differently. Technically, P&P is the "Bible" on this, but since HR will almost always back management, they might be able to pull the "operational necessity" card and say that trumps notification policies.

You never know what they will do next. Best to find another job.

is there a notification policy? and yes, i have an exit plan (actually had it for about a yr) guess they just want to get rid of me