Job Interview on Monday - what to expect?

mlhradio

Hello all - Over the Christmas holidays I worked as a driver helper. After that, I applied for a job for package loader/unloader in the hub, got an interview, got a second interview with the night supervisor, and was essentially told I had the job and would start working as soon as an opening was available. That was back in mid-January.

Can't wait forever, so I put in another application with UPS for a job as Inside Sales Rep last night. Today I got a call back, and have an interview scheduled for Monday morning. Hooray, that was fast!

I would like to walk in to the interview as prepared as possible, so I would like to ask other UPSers and sales reps what I might expect in the interview. Has anyone interviewed for sales rep before? What sort of questions should I expect? Is there anything I should bring or mention? Based on my previous jobs, this job is right up my alley, so I am not worried about qualifications or being able to do the job - but I feel it would be a good idea to understand exactly what I am walking into here.

If anyone has any pointers or idea, I'm all ears!

Best,
- Matthew

UnconTROLLed

perfection
mumble " drivers, get those sales leads" a few times randomly during the interview and you are a shoe-in.

Honestly, I don't know what to expect, I'm sure others can help you. good luck with it!

A demon from the twelfth circle of hell will appear and rip out your virtuous soul and condemn you for the rest of your days.

Oh, and there will probably be drinks and cookies during the meeting.
Welcome to UPS :devil3:

P

pickup

Although they will probably have one on the desk, bring in a small pocket mirror just in case, and you'll do fine.

Elaborate on this , will you? , living the dream. The only thing I can thing of in reference to a small pocket mirror in this circumstance is you alluding to inside sales reps doing lines of cocaine or practicing vanity to an extreme degree.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Although they will probably have one on the desk, bring in a small pocket mirror just in case, and you'll do fine.

Elaborate on this , will you? , living the dream. The only thing I can thing of in reference to a small pocket mirror in this circumstance is you alluding to inside sales reps doing lines of cocaine or practicing vanity to an extreme degree.

BBAG was hinting that all that is required to get hired at UPS, in whatever capacity, is to be able to create fog when you breathe on a mirror.