Joe Paterno Penn State

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Gallery: State police, angry students clash at Penn State RELATED STORIES
Video: Silas Redd: 'All Penn State knows is Joe Paterno' Video: Nate Stupar: 'The first time I've seen him cry'
icon_polling.gif
Poll: Who should be Penn State's next coach? Graphic: Joe Paterno's career statistics
Statement from Joe Paterno after his dismissal
More scandal coverage

From Penn State players, disbelief, sadness
Paterno's ouster comes by telephone
Not how Joe was supposed to go
Paterno's time finally comes
Who will take the reins next year?
Eagles' Brackett reflects on PSU scandal
Paterno's inaction was tragic
Blame Penn St. scandal on culture
Penn State fires Paterno and Spanier
Coach and president had to go
Paterno's Camelot is over
Penn State players react to Paterno's exit
Bradley steps into Paterno's job
Paterno's brilliant career ends under cloud
Penn State game will likely draw more viewers than normal

Oh I can understand the uproar but agree with most of the rest of your post. The uproar is that the sport, the coach, even the school it's self is not as important as protecting innocent children. That fact that it is hard to find a school that hasn't covered something up to protect the school, etc. Is a sad commentary on what we hold important.

It goes for almost all sports in general. "What? Soandso plowed into a bus load of orphans and pushed it into a truckload of baby seals and they all crashed into a veterans home killing all inside? How terrible! But...but...will he get to play in the big game on Sunday?"

ups1990

Here's what papa Joe needs to answer. If he indeed notified the president of PSU, why wouldn't he follow it up again with him? If you see this man is still a part of the program and walking around campus, that alone should be reason enough to ask what happened to these allegations. According to the criminal report, a former player at the school saw Sandusky engaging in a sexual act with a boy and then proceeded to call his own father who advised him to get out of there. Are you kidding me? Who in the hell..... what kind of man are you if your first action isn't to go over there and put a beating on this perverted man and help this child. The former player is in his twenties while Sandusky is a middle age man, was he intimidated by him or was he looking out for his career? Who gives a damn! A young boy was being molested and you did nothing, man, this is infuriating.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Here's what papa Joe needs to answer. If he indeed notified the president of PSU, why wouldn't he follow it up again with him? If you see this man is still a part of the program and walking around campus, that alone should be reason enough to ask what happened to these allegations. According to the criminal report, a former player at the school saw Sandusky engaging in a sexual act with a boy and then proceeded to call his own father who advised him to get out of there. Are you kidding me? Who in the hell..... what kind of man are you if your first action isn't to go over there and put a beating on this perverted man and help this child. The former player is in his twenties while Sandusky is a middle age man, was he intimidated by him or was he looking out for his career? Who gives a damn! A young boy was being molested and you did nothing, man, this is infuriating.
"raping 8 boys" was what I heard that happened. Do they publish the grand jury report?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I just listened to a student (girl) being interviewed and she whined.....Joe should be allowed to be to the game...just one more time....just one more time.....
She really didn't seem upset by the reason he was fired.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"This is not a case about football. This is not a case about universities. This is a case about children that have had their innocence stolen and a culture that did nothing to stop it or prevent it from happening to others," said State Police Commissioner Frank Noonan.

"There aren't many heros involved" in the case, Noonan said.
A local high school finally notified police in 2009 after Sandusky volunteered there, allegedly in order to keep abusing one of his victims and the victim's mother discovered what was happening and reported it.

But the commissioner said there had been three instances in which Penn State officials allegedly witnessed Sandusky sexually assaulting a boy and failed to act to prevent it from recurring.

"I don't think I've ever seen something like this before," Noonan said.

Penn State Scandal: Paterno Will Speak Tomorrow - ABC News

moreluck

golden ticket member
There is the Joe Paterno Building on campus. Will it be labeled the Enabler Bldg. now? If shame is now his legacy, should it be renamed? Nike says it has no plans to rename it. But they stuck by Tiger too.

P

pickup

There is the Joe Paterno Building on campus. Will it be labeled the Enabler Bldg. now? If shame is now his legacy, should it be renamed? Nike says it has no plans to rename it. But they stuck by Tiger too.

Allegations here and you condemn everyone. Allegations over there in the Herman Cain thread and the accusers are liars. Ummm, am I missing something?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Allegations here and you condemn everyone. Allegations over there in the Herman Cain thread and the accusers are liars. Ummm, am I missing something?
McCreary actually saw a boy being raped (sodomized) in the shower by Sandusky. That's an eye witness neutral party. Accused of it happening 8 times. McCreary told Paterno and Paterno didn't report it to the police. McCreary should be arrested too IMO.
Big difference IMO This Penn State is identical to the Catholic Church priest scandal......hide it, don't report it!!

island1fox

Paterno is out no question there. Sad question to consider--At his age being fired after 46 years --Will Joe live or fade away and die ?

I do not condone what Paterno did or did not do I just felt it was wrong to fire him by phone and then promise the public that there will be a full investigation.

I would have thought there would have been a complete review of all the facts before any discharges. Even if that meant putting Paterno on a suspension and ban from the campus until the investigation was complete.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Paterno is an icon and state was his fifedom that he lorded over. He knew all looked the other way and is morally guilty What if one of those young boys was his grandson ? As for Sandusky he was a predatory monster to be locked away forever

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Paterno is out no question there. Sad question to consider--At his age being fired after 46 years --Will Joe live or fade away and die ?

I do not condone what Paterno did or did not do I just felt it was wrong to fire him by phone and then promise the public that there will be a full investigation.

I would have thought there would have been a complete review of all the facts before any discharges. Even if that meant putting Paterno on a suspension and ban from the campus until the investigation was complete.
I think he will die.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Seems weird that back in '98, people came forward then and the prosecutor was going to prosecute.....but changed his mind and hasn't been seen or heard from since. He just disappeared.
As I heard tonight, "Football seems to trump all at Penn. State".

texan

Seems weird that back in '98, people came forward then and the prosecutor was going to prosecute.....but changed his mind and hasn't been seen or heard from since. He just disappeared.
As I heard tonight, "Football seems to trump all at Penn. State".
From a Pittsburg paper sports writer named Mark Madden:
"Penn State is the community’s lifeblood, the community’s entire economy. Up until this situation, Penn State has always been able to control the media and what’s leaked out of State College. I attribute their clumsy behavior all week long to the fact that they don’t know what to do when they can’t control something because they’ve always been able to. "

moreluck

golden ticket member
This Sandusky guy will go away for the rest of his life. His cell mates can take care of his 'appetite'.
Thinking about his acts, he actually established the "farm" and cultivated his next victims. He also volunteered and coached young kids , yet another source for his prey.
He was a true predator and a coward for seeking out the innocent.