John Edwards's Address to the Teamsters

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Zero, I have to admit that I didn't listen to your link before I made my last post, I'm just not a John Edwards fan. Someone who pays a hair stylist to fly across the country for a haircut just has no credibility to me when "talking to the common working folk". He's just a low life ambulance chasing lawyer to me.

blue efficacy

Zero, I have to admit that I didn't listen to your link before I made my last post, I'm just not a John Edwards fan. Someone who pays a hair stylist to fly across the country for a haircut just has no credibility to me when "talking to the common working folk". He's just a low life ambulance chasing lawyer to me.
That seems like kind of a silly reason to dislike a politician. If that's the worst thing he does, I say vote him in!

diesel96

I take it some of you (probably Republicans) don't like Edwards cause he doesn't believe in the the "Con" in Conservatism. Being that we have good paying union jobs have you'all become numb to recognize the deterioration of the middle class since the Reagonomic days. It's comical how people reap the benefits of a social democratic organization such as "The Teamsters" and side with representatives of the Corperate whores who are bent on the destruction of the labor movement and middle class.

raceanoncr

Yeah, because anybody who holds different views than you is a maroon.

No, not necessarily. I welcome different views than mine, BUT, when somebody aligns themselves with organizations like "DailyKos.com" (check it out sometime if you haven't already), an organization that clearly supports the death of people THEY don't like and want ALL Repulicans to die, then I call them a maroon.

Oh, yes, thanks for the neg rep because you think I'm a Conservatist.

Edwards, along with almost all the other Democratic candidates, was an attendee and speaker at the DailyKos convention a couple months ago, not once denouncing their web site content or their mission.

I am neither a Dem or Rep so call me what you want, I'm calling him and people LIKE him a "maroon".

brett636

I take it some of you (probably Republicans) don't like Edwards cause he doesn't believe in the the "Con" in Conservatism. Being that we have good paying union jobs have you'all become numb to recognize the deterioration of the middle class since the Reagonomic days. It's comical how people reap the benefits of a social democratic organization such as "The Teamsters" and side with representatives of the Corperate whores who are bent on the destruction of the labor movement and middle class.

No, we just don't believe in Communism as much as you do. :)

John Edwards has no chance at the democratic nomination, so I don't know why he even bothers. If the polls are any indication of what is going to happen in the primaries next year Hillary has pretty much already recieved the democratic nomination. John Edwards isn't even a spec on the radar. Lord help us if any of these dimwits get into the whitehouse. I fear for this country's future if they do.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
No, we just don't believe in Communism as much as you do. :)

John Edwards has no chance at the democratic nomination, so I don't know why he even bothers. If the polls are any indication of what is going to happen in the primaries next year Hillary has pretty much already recieved the democratic nomination. John Edwards isn't even a spec on the radar. Lord help us if any of these dimwits get into the whitehouse. I fear for this country's future if they do.
Good post, Brett, well said. I am not a member of any political party. Right now, I am not happy with the open borders and high spending that has gone on with the current administration, while I am happy that someone has finally had the guts to take on the Muselem Extremists that have increasingly attacked this country the last couple of decades. In my younger days, I used to vote Democrat like everyone else in this part of the country. As the Democratic Party has morphed into what it is today, they seem to owe the wrong kind of people like Soros favors. I often hear the phrase "the Democratic Party left me a long time ago". To me they just complain about everything but have no workable solutions to issues. Taxing the hell out of the middle class and above to pay for their plans is not the way to go. We need less taxes and less government, that is what true freedom is about.

tieguy

Banned

Looking through this thread I don't see the point being made yet so I guess I'll be the one. I'm not comfortable with Edwards because I believe He has taken his wifes illness and tried to benifit from the sympathy derived. Very tacky tactic on his part. Thus I don't believe Edwards has any principles he stands behind.

diesel96

No, we just don't believe in Communism as much as you do

Brilliant reply, Brett..Did Rush teach you that. Try free thinking for once.

Looking through this thread I don't see the point being made yet so I guess I'll be the one. I'm not comfortable with Edwards because I believe He has taken his wifes illness and tried to benifit from the sympathy derived. Very tacky tactic on his part. Thus I don't believe Edwards has any principles he stands behind.

Tie, Elizabeth can hold her own, I'll put her up against any other 1st lady potential canidate. It was his wife who convinced John E to proceed with his campaign.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
No, we just don't believe in Communism as much as you do

Brilliant reply, Brett..Did Rush teach you that. Try free thinking for once.

Tie, Elizabeth can hold her own, I'll put her up against any other 1st lady potential canidate. It was his wife who convinced John E to proceed with his campaign.

good point in fact its probably his wife who is really the brains behind his campaign. Lord knows mush mouth is too dumb to be president.

diesel96

good point in fact its probably his wife who is really the brains behind his campaign. Lord knows mush mouth is too dumb to be president.

I'm confused, are you talking about our president for the last 7 yrs....lol...not likely, but if elected, Edwards can choose a bully VP just like GW did that pulls his strings.

tieguy

Banned
I'm confused, are you talking about our president for the last 7 yrs....lol...not likely, but if elected, Edwards can choose a bully VP just like GW did that pulls his strings.

One good mistake deserves another?

I'm not sure holding conservative views makes me a bush fan. Bush is more of a liberal then edwards.

Edwards has some very hostilie anti-business views. Now I'm no fan of giving businesses big tax breaks but at the same time I don't think you crush the companies that are creating the jobs.

diesel96

One good mistake deserves another?
Sarcasm:thumbup1:

Edwards has some very hostilie anti-business views. Now I'm no fan of giving businesses big tax breaks but at the same time I don't think you crush the companies that are creating the jobs.

Good point, Companies are creating minimum wage jobs but sending better paying jobs overseas. Thats, IMO dwittling the middle class.

Brett636 said:
Lord help us if any of these dimwits get into the whitehouse. I fear for this country's future if they do.

I suppose your perfectly comfortable with this Administration's legacy of 5 trillion dollar debt to foreign nations and possibly entering us into WWIII. But thats ok with you though, so I guess we'll all be fine.

brett636

Good point, Companies are creating minimum wage jobs but sending better paying jobs overseas. Thats, IMO dwittling the middle class.

I suppose your perfectly comfortable with this Administration's legacy of 5 trillion dollar debt to foreign nations and possibly entering us into WWIII. But thats ok with you though, so I guess we'll all be fine.

No, I am not happy with how this administration has handled itself regarding fiscal responsiblity, but I'm certain we would be in worse shape if either of Bush's two opponents had won.

Also, you say I should try free thinking, and I believe it would help you if you looked in the mirror once in a while when you say that. I don't look to the previous administration when considering who to vote for in the future elections. I look at all the candidates and what they stand for on current events during my consideration process. The fact remains that the $5 trillion you mentioned earlier is a drop in the bucket when compared to all the government programs Satan...er Hillary is promising. Nationalized Healthcare, $5000 for every baby born, government sponsored 401k match. We can't afford all this plus take care of other business. Atleast not without raising taxes and putting a serious burden on every American. A future President needs to have a clear stance on how to win the war on terror, fix social security and medicare, and free up our healthcare system so the free market can do what it does best.

When you start talking about WWIII maybe you shouldn't look at our current president, but look to Jimmy Carter who let Iran fall into the islamo facist cessepool that it currently is. No president has contributed more to a possible WWIII than Jimmy Carter.