Jury duty

UPS MAN Dallas TX

Been called to jury duty. I am part time and never done it before, been with UPS for 6 years.
What do I do?
Do I get paid for that time off?
How do I get it straight with my Supervisor?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Been called to jury duty. I am part time and never done it before, been with UPS for 6 years.
What do I do?

Don’t you think these are questions you should be asking said supervisor

SMGDH!!

PT Car Washer

What do I do?
If you actually serve you will be paid for the time off. Most of the time you call a number and it will tell you if you need to report on a certain day. If you are not required to report you should go to your job and work. Get with your steward or BA for clarification.

clean hairy

You take in a copy of the jury duty summons and give it to your supervisor.
You get paid 4 hours for each day served.
If the Supe gives you any flack, you can call the # on the summons and they will the Supe straight.
Or call the Union and they will set the Supe srltraight as well.
To get paid you will have to bring in a copy of the paper the fourt gives you showing you in fact showed up for jury duty.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What do I do?
Be like the Democrats. Prejudge before you hear any evidence.

barnyard

KTM rider
I got a jury summons for the week of xmas

I was on jury duty for all of peak last year. I was called for one trial. I sat through instructions, the judge came in and said, "You are all excused. The defendant saw you all walking in and accepted a plea." Because we were in the courthouse, we received our jury duty stipend.

If your county pays you, you have to also tell UPS what that pay is. You are paid your 4 hours, minus whatever the courts pay you.

barnyard

KTM rider
That was a joke. Not a very good one I guess

My boss wanted to call the county and ask if I could delay jury duty till after peak. In my county, we are on jury duty for a quarter. Once I received my summons, I registered, gave them my email and if there was a trial, they emailed. The night before, I called a number and a recording played, telling me if I had to come in or if the trial was cancelled. I called 4 or 5 times, but only had to report once.

I have been a registered voter since I was 20 and that was the 1st time I have been called. My daughter has been registered in Montana for 4 years and has been called twice.

oldngray

nowhere special
My boss wanted to call the county and ask if I could delay jury duty till after peak. In my county, we are on jury duty for a quarter. Once I received my summons, I registered, gave them my email and if there was a trial, they emailed. The night before, I called a number and a recording played, telling me if I had to come in or if the trial was cancelled. I called 4 or 5 times, but only had to report once.

I have been a registered voter since I was 20 and that was the 1st time I have been called. My daughter has been registered in Montana for 4 years and has been called twice.

The same people always seem to get called.

Observer

MAKE SURE you make a copy of any of your jury paperwork - the form showing you showed up; the summons. Paperwork tends to get lost - a friend told me how to get out of jury duty - it worked! Be knowledgeable in all the last couple of years crimes. When it comes to most of them - people are massive repeat offenders. The one trial I was at; the judge asked if anyone was familiar with the case. I raised my hand and stated yes - and I gave my opinion that the dirt bag was guilty. She told thank you but you're not supposed to give your opinion. I got excused. The dirtbag is now serving a life sentence and yes he was a repeat offender. He was one of those with like 10 pages of crimes.

oldngray

nowhere special
A lot of the time you can report in the morning for jury duty and be told they don't need you and send you home. Or be there just half a day. Still counts as a full day of jury duty.