Just applied

Teanocker

In NJ, Brown just called me to set up an interview for a temporary driver position for 6 months.

How does this work? do they keep you if your good? I have always wanted to work for UPS and will eat nails if they hire me but I'm taking a huge risk because of the pay and temporary status.

What do you think?

I think its a risk worth taking do you?

vin

If you are hired as a temp, UPS is under no obligation to keep you afterwards. The company is allowed to hire 1 non hourly person for every 6 part timers that go full time. In my experience they usually do this to get management some driving experience, but they can also hire someone off the street if they need or want to.

Whether they keep you on afterwards depends on how much they like you and need the help. Every area is different so I don't know what is likely to happen to you. If you decide to go for it, just show up on time every day, do your best and you should have a decent shot at staying on.
Good luck.

Griff

doing the driving test tomorrow, wish me luck.

No health insurance and $14.70 pay till dec.

this how you guys started out?

Most start out inside the hub (parttime) at roughly half that hourly rate, but with full benefits. These people generally wait anywhere from 6 months to 10 years (depending on the area) to get their shot at driving for UPS.

ups2000

i started out bustin my tail in preload for 6 years but didnt start at 14.70 i started like 15 and some change b/c i was already past the minimum.