Just got hired as a PVD with no interview

Big Babooba

They're desperate because a lot of PVD's have quit because they cut our routes just before Christmas. We were told our jobs would be until Jan. 15th. They lied.
No they didn't. Not UPS. They could use you until January 15th but do you think that the package volume would be there in this economy? You just didn't read between the lines.

UPSER1987

No they didn't. Not UPS. They could use you until January 15th but do you think that the package volume would be there in this economy? You just didn't read between the lines.
Funny how people spout off about the same things they signed off before starting the job.

MrBates

So I just got hired as a PVD and it was a little.. uh, too easy? Basically just went through all of the documents/forms in the application portal and the hiring manager said to wait for my email with the online training. I'm super happy but it wasn't what I was expecting, I was expecting at least an in-person interview, tour of the warehouse, etc.
There is no interview at UPS. When I was hired the HR lady gave us the speech.
"Listen guys, UPS is not for everyone. We will know if your fit for the job if you stay. All we ask is that if you don't like the job, don't worry about two weeks notice and all that...just quit and let us know so that we will just find somebody else. No hard feelings."

HyperBrn

There is no interview at UPS. When I was hired the HR lady gave us the speech.
"Listen guys, UPS is not for everyone. We will know if your fit for the job if you stay. All we ask is that if you don't like the job, don't worry about two weeks notice and all that...just quit and let us know so that we will just find somebody else. No hard feelings."
No hard feelings, except for the black list you'll be put on to never be re-hired. LULZ