Just Had my first Time Study (oh my god)

over9five

Staff member
"What gives??"

You know what gives. You already answered your own question:

"the time studies were purposely screwed-up in order for them to send each driver out with more work than they can do."

bugman74

Hey Hoser, I must have misunderstood your comments, and after reading what everyone has been posting, I realize that I am screwing myself in the long run. What really sucks about the supposed time study is that they are not going to use the results until after the holidays, which makes no sense at all considering it is a brand new mall with no real benchmark itself in terms of retail volume. Which means every store is being overstocked rather than understocked. I bring a few stores 30 boxes one day and three days later they transfer half of those 30 because they have no room for them. I am starting to see what some people talk about when it comes to no real support from the on car sups.

paidslave

VOTE NO To CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay Out til midnight, or bring the boxes back and file a harrasment grievance.....and VOTE a BIG fat NO to new contract!!!!!!

COH_IE

"What gives??"

You know what gives. You already answered your own question:

"the time studies were purposely screwed-up in order for them to send each driver out with more work than they can do."

Time studies are to be done on "typical days". Regardless if a route was, in fact, underdispatched on the day of a study (which should not have happened), it will have minimal effect on the new allowances. Per the corporate standard, as long as time study data captures at least 80% of a unit's average daily stop count (several units make up a loop and can have several drivers who service it), the time study data is considered valid.

Remember: The only time that a study can affect are a unit's stop allowances for a signature, DR, and pickup. Travel variances must be approved by the region.