Just hit 1 year, when/how do I get my insurance?

Legitimyze

About 1 week ago was my 1 year at UPS as a part time package handler. Do I need to initiate the process of getting paperwork or whatever needs done for my insurance? Or should I wait for someone to contact me? Just not sure what I am suppose to do, I want to get it done asap because this is what I have been waiting for.

browner89

They mailed it to me almost 2 months before I even hit 1 year If I recall correctly. Didn't have to talk to the company about anything. Check the mail piled around your house to see if maybe you missed it or didn't realize what it was.

Legitimyze

They mailed it to me almost 2 months before I even hit 1 year If I recall correctly. Didn't have to talk to the company about anything. Check the mail piled around your house to see if maybe you missed it or didn't realize what it was.

What did they mail you, paperwork or just your insurance card?

Box Ox

Congrats on making it. Makes the job a lot more worthwhile (along with the paid time off/holidays/vacations). Should have gotten your big packet and cards a few weeks ago at the latest. Nothing done on your end. Might want to log into UPSers and make sure your correct address is in your records. No other excuse to not have that to you already.

Box Ox

So chances are I am already covered, I just need my cards?

Better be. HR and Teamcare should be tripping over themselves to get everything to you if it was their bad. Getting 1 year packets out on time should be like tying a shoe for them as much as they do it.

What comes in the packet in addition to the cards is important too. Explanation of benefits, Teamcare online enrollment credentials, etc etc.

Legitimyze

I believe I fall under the Mid-Atlantic district, I am from PA. Does anyone know if I would be under Aetna or blue cross blue shield? Any website I try to access from my work computer is blocked.