Just retired

B

Brown Bleeder

Pick up a paper, get your car washed, get gas, do some shopping....and make sure your route is in tight loop that leads you back home. Congradulations sir.

Dfigtree

So far, I have waxed the kitchen cabinets, bought a paper shredder and shredded all kinds of financial stuff going back 20 years and listened to my wife complain about going to work in the mornings. I told her she didn't have to go anymore but she doesn't get it. In my spare time I have been keeping the price of UPS stock by petitioning the Lord with prayer.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
enjoy dfigtree!!!! I want to retire but that would mean I was old!! Very very old, since by the time I can comfortably retire I will have in 39 yrs. And thats iffy with our central states plan. But do everything you always wanted to do, and every day appreciate what you had, and no longer have that got you to this point. Congrats!

cbrad07

I retired in 2004 and don't miss it a bit.There are always things to do when you are a homeowner.I go to the gym daily and we have a breakfast club of retiree's once a month.I am grateful for what I have received from UPS,but do not miss those long days.Do everything you alwys wanted to do but did not have the time for.Stay active,Volunteer,do not become a couch potatoe.That will lead to an early grave.my objective is to stay healthy and collect as many retirement checks as I can.I earned them and so did every employee that has worked any time at UPS...Good luck and enjoy.:thumbup1:

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Retirement would be like getting out of jail and winning the lotto ! Yes the grass is greener on the other side. Now its time for the honey do list ? :-( Will the spouse tolerate you now is the question ?

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
You're going to hate daytime television, nothings good ever on. You'll also will have the urge to "swing by" your route just to see who they chose to replace you.

R

rocking chair guy

Put in 31 years with UPS and been retired 4 years now and it is great to be away from all of the hassle , done the pkg car thing , worked unload and car wash during layoffs in the early years , drove feeders for the most part but the best thing about being retired is if you don't feel like doing anything that day , you don't have to and that is a great feeling . Takes awhile to realize you are not on just a long vacation but after awhile it is like you never worked there if you can believe that , least it is for me . I have never been back since I walked out the gate for the last time and have no desire to go back , still keep in touch with fellow co-workers and other retirees but that is it . Enjoy your retirement , you earned it and if you can believe it , you will even start looking forward to Thanksgiving and Xmas and not have to think about peak staring you in the face and all that goes with it . So pull up a chair and kick up your feet and enjoy the good life , it has been a long time coming but now it is here so take advantage of it and RELAX !

rod

Retired 22 years
I told myself when I retired that I would go for 2 years without even thinking about getting a part time job. Well I had so much fun and was so busy that when that 2 years was up I decided to give myself another 2 years of goofing off. Well now it's been 5 years and I finally took a seasonal job this year with the Forestry Dept. In the spring and then again in the fall for about 2 months I ride around all day in a small plane (Cessna 172) and look for forest fires. I love flying in small planes so this is more like a hobby than a job. (I didn't tell them that I would do this for free).It's all low level flying under 2000 feet with lots of sharp banking turns so it's not a job for some one who gets motion sickness. I like to tell people that I ride a roller coster 7 hours a day. I also work for my local township as a jack -of -all -trades. Mostly riding around on their $10,000 dollar John Deere zero turn mower cutting grass at the park and cemetery. It's surprising how work can be fun if your not chasing the almighty $ and competing with a stop watch. It's also nice to here those words "Good job" - something that UPS for some reason can't seem to relay to their employees.