Just wanted to introduce myself

FromBluetoBrown

Don't get me wrong, I had a history minor in college. But unless you are going to be a teacher (and you would have to be a glutton for punishment if you want to) there is not much you can realistically do with it. If you are going to be a driver, you just go with that history major. The best education when you go to college is NOT the classed you take, but the experiences and exposures you have. And if you have been in the Navy (in your FINE uniform) than you might already have traveled the world which is even a better education than school. You might be ready to settly down to a career which is UPS. Put your time in as PT and go driving. Or management. (my feelings, bad choice too soon)

Haha, the management road was already offered to me which I turned down. I spent 4 out of 7 years in the Navy as a shift supervisor and I thought I got treated pretty bad till I saw how the part time sups get treated. I made in the Navy in a week what the sups get paid in a month, no way in hell I would take that sort of abuse for that little bit of money. Thanks but no thanks. I'll just bide my time loading trucks and working all that nice overtime till a driving spot opens up. And Helen you are right there isnt much to do with a history degree, but Ive always liked history and and I figure if Uncle Sam is going to pay for college it might as well be something I like.