Kicked out of a mall because of elevator malfunction

rickyb

I have a mall on my route, and one of the freight elevators is notorious for getting stuck. I have been there when a food delivery guy was actually stuck in it, because it didn't return all the way to it's landing, and the mall maintenance guys had to reset it to get him out. I have also seen it stuck numerous other times, without anyone in it.

The inspection certificate displayed inside of it is 2 years out of date. So my method is to load the packages in the elevator, close them in, and send them up while I take the stairs, just in case it gets stuck.

A few weeks ago, the elevator did indeed get stuck with the packages inside, so I went to the mall management office to tell them so they could try to reset it.

The head manager comes along with two maintenance guys, and asked if "I did this dumb :censored2:". I asked for him to elaborate, and he tells me that the reason it stalled was because I didn't ride inside to be able to "hold the inner safety door down". They tell me it's how it works, and I called BS and told them it sounds like it it out of adjustment and I'm not riding in an elevator prone to getting stuck.

He then asks if "I'm a friend'ing elevator expert" and I told him no, but I'm a BS expert and what he is telling me is BS. I told him "But speaking of elevator expert, hang on". I googled the number to Shindler elevator and called them, and asked to speak to a tech. I got some manager, and he confirmed that having to hold down a door is not normal to operate any elevator he has experience with.

The property manager then told me to use it as directed, or don't use it at all.

They got the elevator open, and I made the deliveries. On the way out, I took a picture of the expired certificate, with the state compliance phone number, and I called it in to the state. They opened a case and assured me they would look into it.

Last week I was back in the mall and the property manager sees me and comes up and says "Just get the friend off the property". I asked him why, and he repeated himself so I said friend it and left.

What should I do? I want to just ignore him and see if he calls the cops, or what. What recourse do I have? Management said just "do my best to complete the deliveries" and will not give a clear answer of what they expect me to do.
why do you care if you get stuck in an elevator and paid for it?

i would just go to the bathroom ahead of time. but as long as the elevators safe, im all for wasting company time in an elevator.

8" chub

How long did it take you to get hold of management, while calling Shindler elevator....?

Like two minutes. I asked for a tech, they wanted to know what customer I was with, and I told them none, I just had a general technical question. Then they transferred me to some manager, who answered my question that I already knew the answer to.

8" chub

why do you care if you get stuck in an elevator and paid for it?

i would just go to the bathroom ahead of time. but as long as the elevators safe, im all for wasting company time in an elevator.

Because I have better :censored2: to do than spent any more time than needed at work. I don't have kids, so don't need the money too bad, plus I'm usually ready to hit the bottle at about noon.

Also, I don't mind taking a leak in the elevator, even if not stuck.

rickyb

Because I have better :censored2: to do than spent any more time than needed at work. I don't have kids, so don't need the money too bad, plus I'm usually ready to hit the bottle at about noon.

me too man.

but i need the money more than you because i havent worked full time.

Indecisi0n

A leak? Eat taco Bell the day before and paint the walls brown for that dick to have to clean up.

542thruNthru

He molested you?

giphy-29.gif