Knock, Knock...

Pkgcar1988

That will happen next time, but I try to give people 1 chance first. I'm pretty sure the manager was going to let her know that is what will happen next time.

bumped

Had an apt. Yesterday, 8th floor, signature required, secured building, and the slowest elevator on earth.
Knock
"WHAT DO U WANT!!!"
UPS need a signature
" I'm NOT COMING"
Knock again
UPS
"YOU CAN KEEP KNOCKING BUT IM NOT COMING TO THE DOOR"
KNOCK AGAIN I NEED A SIGNATURE
"YOU CAN KNOCK ALL MORNING BUT IM NOT COMING TO THE DOOR, COME BACK LATER"
Delivery notice filled out and on my way.
Stopped back later and took to the office(they weren't there earlier) told the lady about it and she said next time just send it back that will teach her.

Refused

Didn't want

C

chuchu

How can you be serious? Was that your generation?

We tend to pretend it was all "Leave it to Beaver" and "Happy Days"... but the nation was rife with racism, segregation, sexism, war, the red scare, the threat of nuclear war, assasinations, riots, scandal, protests... etc...

It wasn't any better or worse than now, socially... just different.

If you're pining for a time when straight, white, Christian men held all the power, economic stability, upward mobility, and status... I'll grant you, the 50's were the decade for you... but for everyone else, it wasn't the paradise you imagine it to be.
It was paradise for me. I was only four yrs old. Life is great when you are four.
You could even take a leak on the front sidewalk and not go to jail. ;)

C

chuchu

Years ago, when the delivery notices didn't have tracking numbers on them it was much easier to train lazy and rude customers to get a sense of urgency.

I had to deliver a really rough part of the city. After three days of playing the "who is it?" and "what do you want?" games I just marked 3rd attempt on the notice on the first attempt and will called their pkgs for them to pick up.
By the next week they were standing on the porch waiting for me when they heard the truck brakes screeching to a stop in front of their house.

The management team probably never said anything because my send agains dropped to zero.

C

chuchu

How can you be serious? Was that your generation?

We tend to pretend it was all "Leave it to Beaver" and "Happy Days"... but the nation was rife with racism, segregation, sexism, war, the red scare, the threat of nuclear war, assasinations, riots, scandal, protests... etc...

It wasn't any better or worse than now, socially... just different.

If you're pining for a time when straight, white, Christian men held all the power, economic stability, upward mobility, and status... I'll grant you, the 50's were the decade for you... but for everyone else, it wasn't the paradise you imagine it to be.
Yeah, today's "different".

Kids walk into school and massacre dozens of people in thirty minutes.

• Multiple thousands of children are either abducted to be sold out of the country in the sex trade, or raped and killed in heinous ways.

Corporate execs find ways to scam thousands of people out of thirty years of retirement.

Dishonesty and immorality is no longer a concern because there's no fear or belief of answering for those issues and marriage isn't validated by as many young people, leaving behind more disillusioned children.

The politician, the priest, the pastor, the cop, and the President are no longer esteemed positions because personal accountability is all relative to the issue at hand and falsehood is the norm.

More nations are nuclear armed and it isn't just a stand off with the USSR. It's people blowing up hundreds of innocent people in church with back pack bombs and flying jets into buildings to kill even more "infidels" in the name of allah.
Yea, today is different.
A lot different.

brownrod

"Who it is!?!?"(sic)
"UPS."
"What's yo' badge number!?!?"
"I don't have a badge. I'm a UPS driver."
"I ain't gonna open my do' 'til you tell me yo' badge number."
"Ok, see you tomorrow. I won't have a badge tomorrow either."

Sometimes I can't help but wonder how we came so far as a species.

I've had people demand my name and employee ID. I tell them my truck number is my name and we don't get andy sort of employee ID's (I don't have one but Air guys who go to the airport do).

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I've had people demand my name and employee ID. I tell them my truck number is my name and we don't get andy sort of employee ID's (I don't have one but Air guys who go to the airport do).

How do you get through the guard shack w/o an employee i.d.?

Sent using Two Tin Cans Connected with String

I did go back there today. Unfortunately, someone else came to the door and signed for the package. I hope I get to deliver there again. Next time I'll try to be a little more creative and have some fun with this dingbat.

PeasAndCarrots

During my first couple of months driving:
Knock, Knock!
Who is it?!
ups
Who?!
UPS...
Wait, Who?!
YOU! PEE! ESS!
Oh! Hold on a minute.

About 7 months into driving now:
Knock, Knock!
Who is it?! (very faint because I'm halfway to my truck already talking to myself, "ups...")
Click, reb reb reb reb ROOOOM

didyousheetit

Years ago, when the delivery notices didn't have tracking numbers on them it was much easier to train lazy and rude customers to get a sense of urgency.

I had to deliver a really rough part of the city. After three days of playing the "who is it?" and "what do you want?" games I just marked 3rd attempt on the notice on the first attempt and will called their pkgs for them to pick up.
By the next week they were standing on the porch waiting for me when they heard the truck brakes screeching to a stop in front of their house.

The management team probably never said anything because my send agains dropped to zero.
There were several of us drivers who did that, you're right they didn't miss many deliveries after that

Sent using BrownCafe App

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Here is my old building's security.

My wife has a dance studio, and the driver in that area goes by before she opens and the driver at our house comes by after she leaves. When she is expecting something, I call the center and ask them to hold it. No problem.

I usually go to get her stuff around 11:00 to 12:30. At that time, management is usually out to lunch and the porters are hiding somewhere sleeping (or the other way around). The customer counter clerk doesn't come in until around 3:00.

I park around the corner from the customer counter door, walk in the open pedestrian/employee door, see her package(s) sitting on the stack board outside the customer counter, pick up the center DIAD, scan the stuff, sign and leave.

That, my friends, is security.

C

chuchu

There were several of us drivers who did that, you're right they didn't miss many deliveries after that

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yep. You can train the populous of the USA and they're not even UPS employees.
Probably waiting on that special shipment from Detroit.

C

chuchu

Here is my old building's security.

My wife has a dance studio, and the driver in that area goes by before she opens and the driver at our house comes by after she leaves. When she is expecting something, I call the center and ask them to hold it. No problem.

I usually go to get her stuff around 11:00 to 12:30. At that time, management is usually out to lunch and the porters are hiding somewhere sleeping (or the other way around). The customer counter clerk doesn't come in until around 3:00.

I park around the corner from the customer counter door, walk in the open pedestrian/employee door, see her package(s) sitting on the stack board outside the customer counter, pick up the center DIAD, scan the stuff, sign and leave.

That, my friends, is security.
I bet it's different than that in the Tel Aviv UPS center.
Probably have to fight off the bomb sniffing dogs.

Yeah, today's "different".

Kids walk into school and massacre dozens of people in thirty minutes.

• Multiple thousands of children are either abducted to be sold out of the country in the sex trade, or raped and killed in heinous ways.

Corporate execs find ways to scam thousands of people out of thirty years of retirement.

Dishonesty and immorality is no longer a concern because there's no fear or belief of answering for those issues and marriage isn't validated by as many young people, leaving behind more disillusioned children.

The politician, the priest, the pastor, the cop, and the President are no longer esteemed positions because personal accountability is all relative to the issue at hand and falsehood is the norm.

More nations are nuclear armed and it isn't just a stand off with the USSR. It's people blowing up hundreds of innocent people in church with back pack bombs and flying jets into buildings to kill even more "infidels" in the name of allah.
Yea, today is different.
A lot different.
Undisputed winner