Know your enemy (Unions) training for Lowe's management

vantexan

Public sector unions are basically the last man standing.
The right wing is trying to knock them out leaving no major organization left to fight against corporate America .

I knew a couple of California teachers in Texas who retired at 50. And there were, and are, serious systemic problems such as taking early pensions and then getting another public sector job while receiving that pension. Double dipping. And what you guys aren't seeing is that public sector job pay, and the taxes to pay for them, have consistently increased year over year while private sector jobs have remained stagnant. More and more pressure is applied to taxpayers who are having more and more trouble paying taxes. It's no longer the case that public workers consistently make less for similar work unless you are going to compare executive pay between the two sectors. Someone has to do the public sector work and they shouldn't work for poverty wages. But what is happening in many places is the increase in bureaucracy without the base to pay for all of it. So tell me, how long is that sustainable? I'm well aware of the unfairness of the system, how some benefit immensely at the expense of the many. But the world marketplace has changed, and all the wishing for the old days won't change that. And it was well documented by even liberal organizations like the Huffington Post that Stockton had serious mismanagement issues and was so generous with benefits that the very serious downturn in the economy broke the camel's back. What I see here consistently is the refusal to recognize the reality if it doesn't jibe with what you want. Everything is hyperbole and exaggeration which is why we as a nation are never going to move forward and solve ever growing problems. The right wing is working to avoid excess so that necessary government functions can operate smoothly and efficiently.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I knew a couple of California teachers in Texas who retired at 50. And there were, and are, serious systemic problems such as taking early pensions and then getting another public sector job while receiving that pension. Double dipping. And what you guys aren't seeing is that public sector job pay, and the taxes to pay for them, have consistently increased year over year while private sector jobs have remained stagnant. More and more pressure is applied to taxpayers who are having more and more trouble paying taxes. It's no longer the case that public workers consistently make less for similar work unless you are going to compare executive pay between the two sectors. Someone has to do the public sector work and they shouldn't work for poverty wages. But what is happening in many places is the increase in bureaucracy without the base to pay for all of it. So tell me, how long is that sustainable? I'm well aware of the unfairness of the system, how some benefit immensely at the expense of the many. But the world marketplace has changed, and all the wishing for the old days won't change that. And it was well documented by even liberal organizations like the Huffington Post that Stockton had serious mismanagement issues and was so generous with benefits that the very serious downturn in the economy broke the camel's back. What I see here consistently is the refusal to recognize the reality if it doesn't jibe with what you want. Everything is hyperbole and exaggeration which is why we as a nation are never going to move forward and solve ever growing problems. The right wing is working to avoid excess so that necessary government functions can operate smoothly and efficiently.

Here's what I see...a Right Wing FedEx employee so bound by his ideology that he cannot see the forest for the trees. You are completely exploited where you work, yet you openly support the ones that are doing it to you. Amazing. The Right Wing is working to kill-off any remaining union activity that threatens Corporate America, plain and simple.

The California PERS System was undoubtedly generous, and it has been changed to cut costs. However, you continue to use Stockton as an example. OK, ever been there? Like I said, the housing dump hit the San Joaquin Valley HARD. I wasn't kidding when I said real estate values were more than halved. You had people walking away from homes in droves and new construction...zero. What does that do to the revenue stream for the city, state, and county? It dries up.

I'm sure Fred wishes he had 100,000 of you van. Then we'd have exactly nothing, and you'd still be complaining.

MAKAVELI

Here's what I see...a Right Wing FedEx employee so bound by his ideology that he cannot see the forest for the trees. You are completely exploited where you work, yet you openly support the ones that are doing it to you. Amazing. The Right Wing is working to kill-off any remaining union activity that threatens Corporate America, plain and simple.

The California PERS System was undoubtedly generous, and it has been changed to cut costs. However, you continue to use Stockton as an example. OK, ever been there? Like I said, the housing dump hit the San Joaquin Valley HARD. I wasn't kidding when I said real estate values were more than halved. You had people walking away from homes in droves and new construction...zero. What does that do to the revenue stream for the city, state, and county? It dries up.

I'm sure Fred wishes he had 100,000 of you van. Then we'd have exactly nothing, and you'd still be complaining.
But, but, but mfe the Huffington post said it was because of the public employees retirement benefits bankrupted the city. Some people just don't get it and will always demonize the unions yet at the same time would take those same benefits in a heartbeat.

vantexan

But, but, but mfe the Huffington post said it was because of the public employees retirement benefits bankrupted the city. Some people just don't get it and will always demonize the unions yet at the same time would take those same benefits in a heartbeat.

It's not about demonizing anyone. It's about recognizing that everything goes in cycles. You can't keep increasing pay and benefits and assume there will always be a great economy to pay for it all. That's the way it has always been but with some people they can never get past that if so and so is doing well then they should be doing well too. Government can't mandate a good life for everyone because someone always has to pay for it. Taking from the rich will never provide enough to give everyone a better life and too many aren't satisfied with enough. You'll always want more and more just like Fred S. It's why the system is screwed because there are way too many greedy people in the world.

vantexan

True enough but when everything falls apart it's exacerbated by having to pay high wages and great benefits. Yes, I've been to Stockton. They folded, game over.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You need an intervention.