Termination for Off the Clock Harassment

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
So you got hurt right outta the door working for UPS in Washington State...and you think you have limitations on what work you can do and you can say what ever you want cause of "freedom of speech". You know that does not apply to private companies right...

You need to shut your pie hole buttercup, either get with the program or move back to good ole washington state, sounds like they are short a tree hugger.

I hope you read Heffernan's posts because he is right. If you are looking for some compassion how about you take the entitlement stick out of your butt..it will take care of a lot of your personal issues.

By the way welcome to Brown Cafe and your new center.
C4D7DE3D-8784-457B-8F24-5596E0A049CF.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So you got hurt right outta the door working for UPS in Washington State...and you think you have limitations on what work you can do and you can say what ever you want cause of "freedom of speech". You know that does not apply to private companies right...

You need to shut your pie hole buttercup, either get with the program or move back to good ole washington state, sounds like they are short a tree hugger.

I hope you read Heffernan's posts because he is right. If you are looking for some compassion how about you take the entitlement stick out of your butt..it will take care of a lot of your personal issues.

By the way welcome to Brown Cafe and your new center.

Already been discussed

TTKU

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Ok...I don't add any value to this website...I just post extremely inappropriate memes and make fun of dean...but has this forum took a huge dump of what...holy crap

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Now that you've signed an agreement, the situation is pretty much settled. Whether this stays on your record or not, who knows, or cares? After 9 months they can't use it for progressive discipline. The fact that they brought you back after 2 weeks without Union involvement tells me they realized they screwed up, and they got you to sign saying you won't go for back pay means that you absolutely had a case for it. Does anyone on here honestly think they would just bring her back out of the kindness of their hearts? Come on! If she really did something wrong, she would have stayed fired.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
For those of you who think that random managers can just make up company policy or contract language whenever they want (which almost everyone seems to think they can), read the company's "our people" policy. And foul language is not a firable offense, the union recognizes that we are human beings (even if the company does not) and that things can get heated. A good supervisor in that situation would have asked what the problem was, and either tried to find a solution, or asked her to take 10 minutes to cool off.
Any manager who tries to have an employee fired for insubordination probably deserved the insubordination, is probably lying or exaggerating the circumstances, and is most likely completely unqualified for their job.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Finally, if you find yourself starting to get into it with a person identifying themselves as a supervisor, ask them if the conversation could lead to discipline, and get a steward involved right then, not after the fact. A decent steward could have defused the situation, and put the supervisor in his place. If no steward was available, then the conversation is over.