Labor Day??

Boxline3 Slave

First Post, only been with the company for 6 months as a loader. I know this is a trivial question but Does UPS count Labor Day as a holiday? I have plans labor day weekend and i wont be back until mid-day Monday. Just wanting to make sure that i can take this trip.

Dustyroads

Yes, boxline, as a proud supporter of organized labor, UPS closes all operations on Labor Day. It is a paid holiday. Enjoy the day and enjoy the benefits that organized labor has provided workers in America.

klein

Für Meno :)
First Post, only been with the company for 6 months as a loader. I know this is a trivial question but Does UPS count Labor Day as a holiday? I have plans labor day weekend and i wont be back until mid-day Monday. Just wanting to make sure that i can take this trip.

As a proud Canadian, Labour Day is a days off work here, too.
It's federal all across the country.
Double or tripple pay, if you do need to work (some jobs just never shut down, like Police, EMS, hotels, most retailers, etc).

Dark_Team_135

Yes, boxline, as a proud supporter of organized labor, UPS closes all operations on Labor Day. It is a paid holiday. Enjoy the day and enjoy the benefits that organized labor has provided workers in America.

Well almost :happy2:. As a 6 month part-time employee he will get the day off, but new hires under the contract don't get holiday pay for the first year!

klein

Well almost :happy2:. As a 6 month part-time employee he will get the day off, but new hires under the contract don't get holiday pay for the first year!

Are you sure about that ?

Here's is a federal labour law, after 30days (not working days), your entiteld to paid holidays, no matter where you work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The only good thing that I can think of that came from Canada was Bob and Tom Mckenzie. Oh yeah, Moosehead, that was pretty good.:happy-very:

Do yourself a favor--take your significant other for a mini-vacation to Montreal or to Ottawa. Montreal has some of the best dining, culture and nightlife. Ottawa is simply a beautiful city. Make sure you have either a passport or enhanced driver's license or you will be delayed at Douanes (Customs).

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Do yourself a favor--take your significant other for a mini-vacation to Montreal or to Ottawa. Montreal has some of the best dining, culture and nightlife. Ottawa is simply a beautiful city. Make sure you have either a passport or enhanced driver's license or you will be delayed at Douanes (Customs).

I hear if ya go to Edmonton you can find UPS drivers drinking on the clock :wink2:

klein

Can you even spell contract?

Darn, I finally got it. Yes, it's spelled Labour Day. And the colour red.

Thats from the original english (UK English). Which we use here most times.
And across the world. (except in USA).

No, big deal, we like to be distinct in our own ways.
It's also a litre of gas here.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Correct and incorrect.

In this case, yes the employee does get a day off, but it is not a paid holiday, as the new contract states that all employees hired after August 1st do not recieve paid days off including holidays until 1 year employment.

JonFrum

Yet another gem from UPS, the Teamsters, and the members who voted "Yes" . . .
Article 22 --- Part-Time Employees
Section 7 – Benefit Entitlements
Part-time employees hired after August 1, 2008 will receive holidays, personal days and option days provided by any applicable Supplement, Rider, or Addendum no earlier than after one (1) year of active employment. This provision supersedes any provision on the same subject in any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum to the extent the provision makes holidays, personal days or option days available earlier than after one (1) year of service.