LABOR

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And if you check the footnotes of that page it includes temporary workers(such as the huge spike in Census workers) and mail workers. Obama DID grow permanent employees and is paying considerably more. As Mark Twin said there are lies, damn lies, and statistics. Called Rush and Sean to verify and they told me it's true! :peaceful:

Republican "facts" are just plain old lies.

vantexan

Republican "facts" are just plain old lies.
Back it up with facts amigo. You may have seen the confrontation yesterday between Repub Rep. Louis Gomert and Atty Gen. Eric Holder at a committee hearing. Holder has refused to answer questions or turn over documents concerning the "Fast and Furious" scandal and it boiled over into some real sniping. FOX showed the whole confrontation but when I watched Rachel Maddow on MSNBC there was quite a bit of editing that put Holder in a much better light. Reminded me of the Trayvon Martin case, showing him as a 12 yr old as well as editing Zimmerman's 911 call to make him seem a racist. The truth is that the liberal media either doesn't cover scandals like Fast & Furious, the IRS, and Benghazi, or they carefully script and edit what they do show. You say we're just repeating FOX News, but the liberal folks are getting things brought to them as truth when it's anything but. All to outrage you and get you to vote Democrat. I've said it before, I'll say it again. I think there are good people in both parties, but the vast majority are in it for the money and will tell their constituencies whatever they think will get votes and keep them in power. You may feel the Democrat Party best represents your views, I feel the Republican Party is closest to mine. But both parties represent entities who are detrimental to this country, and no one side is entirely right or wrong. Fred S isn't a typical Republican, nor is Al Sharpton a typical Democrat. If they are we're all in serious trouble.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Back it up with facts amigo. You may have seen the confrontation yesterday between Repub Rep. Louis Gomert and Atty Gen. Eric Holder at a committee hearing. Holder has refused to answer questions or turn over documents concerning the "Fast and Furious" scandal and it boiled over into some real sniping. FOX showed the whole confrontation but when I watched Rachel Maddow on MSNBC there was quite a bit of editing that put Holder in a much better light. Reminded me of the Trayvon Martin case, showing him as a 12 yr old as well as editing Zimmerman's 911 call to make him seem a racist. The truth is that the liberal media either doesn't cover scandals like Fast & Furious, the IRS, and Benghazi, or they carefully script and edit what they do show. You say we're just repeating FOX News, but the liberal folks are getting things brought to them as truth when it's anything but. All to outrage you and get you to vote Democrat. I've said it before, I'll say it again. I think there are good people in both parties, but the vast majority are in it for the money and will tell their constituencies whatever they think will get votes and keep them in power. You may feel the Democrat Party best represents your views, I feel the Republican Party is closest to mine. But both parties represent entities who are detrimental to this country, and no one side is entirely right or wrong. Fred S isn't a typical Republican, nor is Al Sharpton a typical Democrat. If they are we're all in serious trouble.

Hmmmm ... Holder/Gohmert reminds you of Martin/Zimmerman. That's a stretch.

Did we watch the same video? Excuse me .. you did say you watched it on "Faux". Oh you meant with Holder and Gohmert? Gohmert is as much an donkey's butt as Darrell Issa. I'm waiting for him to disrespect Holder and cut off his mike and walk out. You're talking about when Gohmert stated, "How dare you cast aspersions on that man’s asparagus?"

Interesting of all the cases/people, you pick the Trayvon/Zimmerman case and Al Sharpton, to prove your point.

Now I can actually see your "white sheet" peeking out, but it's okay. I run across folk like you "everyday", in my life (can't say I'm used to it, but I digress).

So you don't believe Zimmerman is a racist. I for one, believe he is a racist and he abuses women and the police. See this lil "diddly" wasn't allowed to be presented at his trial. Big Daddy (the ex-judge) got poor Georgie off; so when he couldn't become an "officer of the law", he became a neighborhood watchman. I clearly heard him say on the tape, "They always get away with it?" Who is "THEY?" He wasn't talking about just anyone, he was talking about "minorities". But as you can see, he's just one "upstanding" American right now, correct? Not about to say Trayvon was a saint, but at 12 years old I cut class and smoked some weed, too. Do I deserve to die for that ... I think not. Actually I can't wait for the his ex-wife, to write the "tell all" book.

Now only YOU can answer, why you chose Al Sharpton as the "Not so typical Democrat." Of all the Democrats out there, you chose him.

It's okay. We both know why.

NonyaBiznes

"Real" Americans aren't malcontents who believe they are owed a great living. I buy my meds in Mexico, and as soon as my pension kicks in will be heading south again. Not having medical is about as good as having a FedEx plan or Obamacare so not worried about it. Funny how you think all conservatives just regurgitate FOX News. And yet I hear the same knee jerk liberalism over and over here.

Whoa .. hold on. You don't want Mexicans coming over here ...

... so why would they LET you come there?

Priceless.

NonyaBiznes

Agree, I'm not calling for 250 people to lose employment. But psychological victory over the Union is tremendous. Eventually the rah rah will die down and the politicians rally cry will fade and cops will be cops and that small threat of extra tickets will fade. And the big brown machine will roar.
Great to know you will ...

"Fall for anything, because you won't STAND for nothing!"

Even the City of New York was behind Big Brown.

Wonder if Memphis would be behind us ... what say you?

Serf

Great to know you will ...

"Fall for anything, because you won't STAND for nothing!"

Even the City of New York was behind Big Brown.

Wonder if Memphis would be behind us ... what say you?
Of course the city and politicians will back the employees. I just don't understand why if you know it's in your contract that any form of striking is grounds for termination, you still would go ahead and do it. Knowing full well you could be on the streets. Would Memphis back me? Hard to speculate because no union. I'd like to think NO. But than again as long as I don't falsify my time card or not report and accident I'm pretty sure I'll still have a job.
And I am not in the argument with you and Van but why do you think he chose Al Sharpton for his example? It's not because of the color of his skin, it's because he's a total :censored2: bag. And he just happens to be in the news again for something not so good.

vantexan

Hmmmm ... Holder/Gohmert reminds you of Martin/Zimmerman. That's a stretch.

Did we watch the same video? Excuse me .. you did say you watched it on "Faux". Oh you meant with Holder and Gohmert? Gohmert is as much an donkey's butt as Darrell Issa. I'm waiting for him to disrespect Holder and cut off his mike and walk out. You're talking about when Gohmert stated, "How dare you cast aspersions on that man’s asparagus?"

Interesting of all the cases/people, you pick the Trayvon/Zimmerman case and Al Sharpton, to prove your point.

Now I can actually see your "white sheet" peeking out, but it's okay. I run across folk like you "everyday", in my life (can't say I'm used to it, but I digress).

So you don't believe Zimmerman is a racist. I for one, believe he is a racist and he abuses women and the police. See this lil "diddly" wasn't allowed to be presented at his trial. Big Daddy (the ex-judge) got poor Georgie off; so when he couldn't become an "officer of the law", he became a neighborhood watchman. I clearly heard him say on the tape, "They always get away with it?" Who is "THEY?" He wasn't talking about just anyone, he was talking about "minorities". But as you can see, he's just one "upstanding" American right now, correct? Not about to say Trayvon was a saint, but at 12 years old I cut class and smoked some weed, too. Do I deserve to die for that ... I think not. Actually I can't wait for the his ex-wife, to write the "tell all" book.

Now only YOU can answer, why you chose Al Sharpton as the "Not so typical Democrat." Of all the Democrats out there, you chose him.

It's okay. We both know why.
I chose Al Sharpton because it just came out that he was an FBI informant and was on tape in an undercover operation years ago that showed him agreeing to getting $3500 a kilo to let them sell cocaine in his neighborhood. It's amazing to me after the Tawana Brawley scandal that Sharpton has any credibility at all. He's the racist, and has used race politics all these years to make a nice career for himself. And yet there he sits on MSNBC telling lies. And THAT was my point, that he's NOT a typical Democrat. Don't need to peek from under a sheet to figure that one.

And you demonstrate my point. Trayvon wasn't 12, he was 17. But they showed his sweet 12 year old picture, not one of a powerful young man who was on top of Zimmerman bashing his head into the sidewalk when Zimmerman shot him. The press immediately jumped on the bandwagon of a white killing a black, only to find out that Zimmerman was half Hispanic, and his first language was Spanish. And that he was involved in a program mentoring young black kids. NBC is facing a defamation suit after they intentionally altered the 911 tape to make him sound like a racist. I'm not saying there aren't serious problems with race in this country, but they aren't helped by those who fabricate lies, or those who immediately assume someone is a racist by pointing this hypocrisy out.

As for Gohmert, he used a saying by a well known liberal lawyer who would say the asparagus thing to calm people down when things were getting heated. Probably not smart to use a reference like that if few people know it.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

All I need to see is the name "Gohmert" to immediately discredit anything you say as Tea Party lunacy. I guess you're spending your retirement watching FAUX all day long an getting worked-up in a lather. And George Zimmeman IS a racist, and a gun nut and probably a domestic abuser.

vantexan

All I need to see is the name "Gohmert" to immediately discredit anything you say as Tea Party lunacy. I guess you're spending your retirement watching FAUX all day long an getting worked-up in a lather. And George Zimmeman IS a racist, and a gun nut and probably a domestic abuser.
All I originally said was that Smith isn't a typical Republican, just as Sharpton isn't a typical Democrat, and immediately had the race card thrown against me. Typical liberal response, smear the messenger. The reason this country is going down the toilet, first and foremost amongst a host of reasons, is the large group of liberals with their poisoned minds, who make everyday life a grind, always drawing evil conclusions, and usually wrong to the point of ridiculousness. Rare to have a rational discussion these days, just alot of screeching and screaming and name calling.

Rainman

Its all good.
You know Zimmerman personally? Or do you rely on a biased media to give you their spin? Zimmerman has been slandered and tar & feathered in the public eye enough already. No need to talk bad about someone who may very well be totally innocent. With all the negative public opinion about him, the FL attorney general would have thrown him under the prison had he been guilty. The fact that he got off shows that it was a sham, otherwise he would have been crucified.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

CJinx

Doesn't surprise me in the least to see the city and the politicians backing the union. Liberals and organized labor are no stranger to the same bed. Glad to see that there was a happy ending for everyone involved and that the union had to admit that what they did was wrong.

As for George Zimmerman, well... I don't think he is a racist. I think he is a vigilante and a hot head but I don't think he is a murderer. I think both men made extremely poor decisions that night and now one of them is dead and the other one will spend the rest of his days looking over his shoulder. The trial was a joke and only occurred because of the mass media frenzy that attached itself to the investigation and comments made by both the president as well as the attorney general of the United States. Angela Corey should have been disbarred for proceeding with a farce of a trial and Obama/Holder should have been censured for involving themselves in a state matter.

While we're on the topic of Holder; that man belongs in jail. If you are I refused to cooperate with a subpoena, we'd be sitting in jail until we did. Instead, Holder claims executive privilege to cover up illegal gun running that is putting our Mexico border patrol agent's lives at risk.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You know Zimmerman personally? Or do you rely on a biased media to give you their spin? Zimmerman has been slandered and tar & feathered in the public eye enough already. No need to talk bad about someone who may very well be totally innocent. With all the negative public opinion about him, the FL attorney general would have thrown him under the prison had he been guilty. The fact that he got off shows that it was a sham, otherwise he would have been crucified.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

No, I don't know him, nor would I want to. Do you? He's a real class act, between touring the factory where the gun he used to kill Martin was made, to his apparent penchants for abuse and a real love of weapons. Florida law let Zimmerman off. If he had done the same thing in California, he'd be in prison where he belongs. The legal precedent for deadly force is that you can only use it when your life is in imminent danger. His incessant phone calls to the PD show he was a cop wannabe and was probably playing "Profile Cop" when he came across Martin and started following him. Zimmerman initiated contact with Martin, not the other way around.

CJinx

Florida law let Zimmerman off.
Florida law didn't let him off, Florida prosecutor Angela Corey did when she decided to have him charged with murder in the second degree. They did not have the case to support that charge but they did it to quell the public outcry on what was portrayed by the media as the death of a 12 year old black boy by a white man. They might have gotten him on manslaughter, but instead Florida loses another high profile trial.

vantexan

No, I don't know him, nor would I want to. Do you? He's a real class act, between touring the factory where the gun he used to kill Martin was made, to his apparent penchants for abuse and a real love of weapons. Florida law let Zimmerman off. If he had done the same thing in California, he'd be in prison where he belongs. The legal precedent for deadly force is that you can only use it when your life is in imminent danger. His incessant phone calls to the PD show he was a cop wannabe and was probably playing "Profile Cop" when he came across Martin and started following him. Zimmerman initiated contact with Martin, not the other way around.
So if someone is on top of you bashing your head against the sidewalk, in the dark and rain, you're supposed to just lie there and take it, hoping he doesn't kill you? After all, you deserve whatever happens because you initiated contact? And of course the way the media responded was justified because it was more important to lynch the bastard than to have him possibly go free after consideration of the facts? And of course he's guilty because we all know this is what "white" men do inspite of the fact that more than 90% of black homicides are black on black crime. Yeah, let's not worry about giving the man his day in court. He's white. He's guilty. Enough said.

MAKAVELI

So if someone is on top of you bashing your head against the sidewalk, in the dark and rain, you're supposed to just lie there and take it, hoping he doesn't kill you? After all, you deserve whatever happens because you initiated contact? And of course the way the media responded was justified because it was more important to lynch the bastard than to have him possibly go free after consideration of the facts? And of course he's guilty because we all know this is what "white" men do inspite of the fact that more than 90% of black homicides are black on black crime. Yeah, let's not worry about giving the man his day in court. He's white. He's guilty. Enough said.
Bashing? Please. If that was factual Zimmerman would've had serious head wounds, not the little scratches he had. Why don't we flip your theory around and the person fighting for his life was Trayvon not Zimmerman. Zimmerman was following Trayvon not the other way around. Zimmerman was the one with the gun. Zimmerman was the aggressor. The only reason Zimmerman was out that night or any other night was because he had a gun. Zimmerman is just a puss with a gun who got away with murder. You can claim black on black crime all you want, but it has no relevance in this case. This was a white on black crime where a young man's life was taken and white America trying to justify it.

vantexan

Bashing? Please. If that was factual Zimmerman would've had serious head wounds, not the little scratches he had. Why don't we flip your theory around and the person fighting for his life was Trayvon not Zimmerman. Zimmerman was following Trayvon not the other way around. Zimmerman was the one with the gun. Zimmerman was the aggressor. The only reason Zimmerman was out that night or any other night was because he had a gun. Zimmerman is just a puss with a gun who got away with murder. You can claim black on black crime all you want, but it has no relevance in this case. This was a white on black crime where a young man's life was taken and white America trying to justify it.
And you are assuming Zimmerman was guilty. It was testified by a fitness club trainer that Zimmerman was a very weak man physically. Highly unlikely he attacked Martin. Furthermore the gunshot wound was consistent with a close range shot at an angle that was consistent with someone below another. And Zimmerman was a member of a neighborhood watch in an area with numerous break-ins. He had a right to be out there although he should've listened to the dispatcher. The cops testified that the back of his head was bloody. Were you there? This wasn't a random murder of a poor kid. And why did NBC doctor that tape anyways? Why did they show that photo of a 12 yr old? Why so quick to describe Zimmerman as white? What's sad is how badly you want him to be guilty because this plays right into the liberal narrative that America is unjust. There's a reason he went free, not guilty.