Laid off bump drivers from other centers?

If I'm laid off at my center can I bump someone who has less seniority at another center?
My building has two Centers but for lay off purposes it is treated as one. You may have to push the issue because now you will have to be trained on other routes that you may never run again after lay offs.

quad decade guy

My building has two Centers but for lay off purposes it is treated as one. You may have to push the issue because now you will have to be trained on other routes that you may never run again after lay offs.

Other route training? What's that? We were always thrown out there without even a map(paper).

You were expected to run scratch(or better) cold. With no area knowledge. It was hell to pay

otherwise. The only "training" I received in pkg was the initial 2-3 days from the very first day.

We were traded around like a sorority girl.

ItsBritney

Yeah in my time here I've only been with a supe three first 2 days and I've been on 12 different routes. Not complaining either. I just want to work

Whither

Scofflaw

Trained? Coming up on 30 routes and I've had a sup come out with me three times. They only bother on industrial or otherwise business-heavy, air-heavy routes. Never stuck around for pickups. And one of those times I did all the driving because the sup couldn't handle a stick shift lol. Then again, I prefer having a look at the dispatch computer and talking with experienced drivers.

Dough99

Other route training? What's that? We were always thrown out there without even a map(paper).

You were expected to run scratch(or better) cold. With no area knowledge. It was hell to pay

otherwise. The only "training" I received in pkg was the initial 2-3 days from the very first day.

We were traded around like a sorority girl.
Calm down boomer