Large Vs small center

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by browl movement, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Theres a new center being built and im thinking about moving to it when its built. Should i stay in my large center or move to the new one. about 10 people a year retire at my current hub and its fairly large, so would its size give it an advantage or the prospect of the new one with growth of routes and center seniority

2. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

It's all about commute time and what routes you want to do.

3. Im on the bottom of the seniority list, so i dont have a route yet. And the commute time is about the same

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Size always matters. Id go with the larger one.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Wrong

Wrong :))

I like working in a larger hub. Management is very incompetent, has millions of things to do so I barely ever talk to my boss. Prefer it this way.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

It also depends on if you want to work feeders and if your buildings work with a combined list.
    When a new building opened near me, a group from my building went there. The ones that could moved back, the ones that could not got on the feeder list.
    When routes move to a new building, they will all be relooped and everything will be rebid.

7. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

smaller for sure

8. CoolStoryBro

CoolStoryBro Active Member

... Not what route you have... What routes do you want to do. What area's each building delivers too. The hood/ghetto? Industrial area? Rural area? You choose which building has the potential of the nicest and easiest routes.

9. well the larger building has every route imaginable, the newer one is going to be more rural and resi, but im more concerned with getting consistent work since im low on seniority

10. eats packages

eats packages Tetris Master

in my local, drivers have the right to follow their route to another building, even if it is changed, perhaps even drastically. Whatever looks most like the old route can now be theirs.

Maybe see if people who are transferring to the new people get dovetailed in seniority: I've read that certain areas had this issue where they would reset everyone's building seniority to zero days.

If the new building starts with the letter a (created by splitting up a huge cummins warehouse in half), I would say a transfer would not be a bad idea, but they may be understaffed this peak season for good preloaders.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  11. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Yes, but think ahead. What area/route would you like? You are bottom now but things change fast.

12. i
    ddint even know buildings started with letters or what a cummins warehouse is

13. hehe xd

hehe xd Active Member

The smaller one is gonna be the backup. Extra trucks full of furniture? Send it to the smaller hub!

14. specter208

specter208 Active Member

My center owns a big dirt lot right next door for future expansion. They haven't built anything yet because the city won't allow temporary expansion.

15. Two Tokes

Two Tokes Give it to me Baby

Cool Story Bro

16. IESucks

IESucks Active Member

Yes