Last Day of 2011

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I wont be, either. :happy2:

Hardcore alcoholics like myself refer to New Years Eve as "amateur night."

I chuckle when I think of all the "normies" (what people like myself call normal, non-alcoholic people) who go a bit overboard tonight and who will wake up tomorrow feeling like complete and total sh%t.

I also cringe when I think of the people with my disease who are still drinking and who will go out tonight and hurt or kill innocent people by choosing to drive drunk. And then I feel gratitude for the fact that I am not drinking today.

I will probably fall asleep on my couch with my dog in my lap, and my wife will wake me up a few minutes before midnight so that we can watch the ball drop and toast the New Year in with some sparkling cider. And then I will wake up tomorrow morning safe and sound with no regrets and no hangover.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm glad they finally jailed a guy here in Orange County with 13 DUI's. How the hell do you amass 13 of them. Thank God, he didn't hurt or kill anyone.
He's the son of the guy who used to have or coach the L.A. Rams.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My New Years Resolution is to make it through all of 2012 without posting anything on Brown Cafe about 3 point seatbelts in package cars.

Wish me luck.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I wont be, either. :happy2:

Hardcore alcoholics like myself refer to New Years Eve as "amateur night."

I chuckle when I think of all the "normies" (what people like myself call normal, non-alcoholic people) who go a bit overboard tonight and who will wake up tomorrow feeling like complete and total sh%t.

I also cringe when I think of the people with my disease who are still drinking and who will go out tonight and hurt or kill innocent people by choosing to drive drunk. And then I feel gratitude for the fact that I am not drinking today.

I will probably fall asleep on my couch with my dog in my lap, and my wife will wake me up a few minutes before midnight so that we can watch the ball drop and toast the New Year in with some sparkling cider. And then I will wake up tomorrow morning safe and sound with no regrets and no hangover.
Amateur night is not just for the AA group. I have and many of my friends have called it amateur night for a long time. I know I won't wake up feeling like **** tomorrow and I will be at home safe and sound with my hubby. He doesn't drink or extremely rarely when he does (Like once a year). I really admire your willingness to be so honest and open about your alcoholism. Best wishes for a safe and Happy New Year. :hugs:

I'm spending new years with my family after taking them all out too red lobster on my dime. I sure droped a mint but I'm sure glad I've got you people here at the brown cafe to spend it with also. Oh yea I'm not drunk either so this really comes from the heart. God bless you I wouldn't want to work here( ups ) without you.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm spending new years with my family after taking them all out too red lobster on my dime. I sure droped a mint but I'm sure glad I've got you people here at the brown cafe to spend it with also. Oh yea I'm not drunk either so this really comes from the heart. God bless you I wouldn't want to work here( ups ) without you.
With all the disagreements and all the arguments, we are a family aren't we? Happy New Year and GOD BLESS too. :hugs: