Law Enforcement Source: 19 Officers Fired Into UPS Truck, Could Exceed 200 Rounds

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Law Enforcement Source: 19 Officers Fired Into UPS Truck, Could Exceed 200 Rounds - CBS Miami

A senior law enforcement source has shared startling statistics about the shootout between several law enforcement agencies and two armed robbers who led them on a two-county chase Thursday afternoon.

A total of 19 officers, from five different agencies, fired into the carjacked UPS truck, a senior law enforcement source told CBS4 News.

The majority were from Miami Dade PD, but also included officers from Pembroke Pines, Florida Highway Patrol and Miramar.

The number of shots fired by the officers is not currently known, but CBS4’s Jim DeFede’s source said it could exceed 200 rounds.

Indecisi0n

A better title would have been " The number of shots fired could exceed 1,000,000! "

Then in the article say "but we don't know"

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Why do people continue to insist the robbers might have shot him? That makes absolutely no sense. In the middle of being fired on by police and you're gonna turn and kill your only source of collateral? Give me a break. Call it for what it is. Don't be so eager to be a bootlicker.

oldngray

nowhere special
Why do people continue to insist the robbers might have shot him? That makes absolutely no sense. In the middle of being fired on by police and you're gonna turn and kill your only source of collateral? Give me a break.
If they were planning on shooting him they would have done it a lot sooner. Makes no sense to shoot him then. Looked like he got shot as he was trying to leave the vehicle. By the cops.

Indecisi0n

Why do people continue to insist the robbers might have shot him? That makes absolutely no sense. In the middle of being fired on by police and you're gonna turn and kill your only source of collateral? Give me a break. Call it for what it is. Don't be so eager to be a bootlicker.
Because as odd as it sounds its still a possibility.

Packmule

We have no idea if the driver tried to physically overpower one of them and was shot before the truck even stopped. We have no idea if the robbers knew they were trapped and going down so they started shooting at cars around them hoping to kill as many innocent bystanders as possible, and forced police to act decisively. Frankly we don’t know squat and it’ll be a cold day in hell before I judge those officers based on some video on the internet.
When the investigation is done by people who know what they’re doing and they tell us the force was excessive, then I’ll believe it. Till then I stand with law enforcement.

Integrity

Binge Poster
No we don't. But once he was hanging out of the door upside down. They definitely finished the job. Smh. The shots fired were excessive.
I agree wholeheartedly that the shots fired appeared chaotic and excessive but the criminals were right next to him and would have had an easy shot at him.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The whole idea of having a hostage is to give you leverage-----shoot/kill the hostage and you have lost whatever advantage you may have had.
I am not an expert in these situations. I don’t know what anyone would do or not do in the midst of an extreme circumstance that this obviously was.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am not an expert in these situations. I don’t know what anyone would do or not do in the midst of an extreme circumstance that this obviously was.

I don't think anyone does and those who say they may act a certain way would most likely act in a much different way if they were actually in that situation.