Law Enforcement > UPS

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hey all,

Just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get some questions answered that I am sure I will have.

Just finished 10 years in law enforcement, a little too close to the George Floyd incident. I spent my summer working (GF) overtime getting frozen water bottles and fireworks launched at me and getting shot at, watching stores getting looted and burned down with Molotov cocktails. Got cleared from OIS incidents and decided I am done with it. Left the career I loved and decided to pursue the one I have eyed for a long time. I respect unions and am driven to the UPS uniformed professionalism. Look forward to seeing smiles when I knock on a door and not kicking them in!

My local UPS hub is within biking distance and decided to apply. To the seasoned VET UPS drivers, make sure you are sitting down, but I got hired as a PVD. I get you absolutely despise them based on this forum and did my research before I applied. I get it, and understand the union tension, but it saved my life and I appreciate the opportunity. If you're a driver at my hub and want the overtime, I'll have "vehicle problems" before I get instructed to help you. If you are a driver that wants to get home to the family, I'll be there to help you out.

After this seasonal job ends, I will gladly do A.M package handling and be initiated into the union and gain seniority to grow into a FT driver job.

I've done two days now of PVD and have enjoyed it, my supervisor is awesome and my experience is different than I expected. Surprisingly, I just received my employee id after working two days and just finished the online training "orientation training" tonight. I learned during the workplace violence training that you should "not look the suspect in the eye" and retreat to a position to call 911....yup okay!

Thanks for the approval, and thanks in advance for the knowledge here!
Did you quit

dwayne2010

This job can be very unfulfilling.
Honestly that’s fine with me. I have seen all I have needed to see in law enforcement. Ups has good pay, day shift, and holidays and weekends off. They can work me like a dog Monday through Friday. I just want something safer for me and my family.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Honestly that’s fine with me. I have seen all I have needed to see in law enforcement. Ups has good pay, day shift, and holidays and weekends off. They can work me like a dog Monday through Friday. I just want something safer for me and my family.

Maybe this is why Karen is pushing the leftist narrative. Trying to increase the potential workforce by helping make police work too unsafe and unattractive to most people, so they'll quit and work for UPS. Diabolical.