Layoffs, how serious?

I am new to driving, made book in Aug 08. Was told Friday via diad not to come in Monday, but be here Tuesday. They are calling it "day to day layoffs." My steward isn't well informed and everyone I aske gives different answers. Was this done right? WHat are my rights? I read my copy of the contract but find nothing on "day to day layoffs". Any help appreciated, happy holidays...

badpal

I am new to driving, made book in Aug 08. Was told Friday via diad not to come in Monday, but be here Tuesday. They are calling it "day to day layoffs." My steward isn't well informed and everyone I aske gives different answers. Was this done right? WHat are my rights? I read my copy of the contract but find nothing on "day to day layoffs". Any help appreciated, happy holidays...
Pretty simple really if we have the volume you will work. I been here long time january they always try to cut back good times or bad. And honestly in this economy know one knows.

brownrodster

My center has always done the day to day layoff thing since I've been a driver. If they have the volume and enough people call in sick or want to go home then the bottom few drivers work. If not they get the day off.