Learning ups route

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Just curious, how would this guy do on a rural route without 911 addresses and only an old school cardfile?

Not good

We had an in town driver bid a nasty
Rural route with virtually no 911 addresses

Didn’t know which way North or South was had a little compass on his watch

Didn’t last long in the country bid an in town job as soon as one came up

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Not good

We had an in town driver bid a nasty
Rural route with virtually no 911 addresses

Didn’t know which way North or South was had a little compass on his watch

Didn’t last long in the country bid an in town job as soon as one came up

I loved the rural routes. I remember one guy they tried to train on one I had tossed his cookies as soon as they left town. Too much ‘pressure’.

MrBates

I am thinking of becoming a ups driver and I am very concerned on how the drivers know where to go and if it is difficult learning how to get around the city without a gps . Do you have to know your streets and all? Do you have gps that’s tells directs you stop by stop?

Dont use GPS. It dumbs you down. Best way to get good at a route is to look at the map to figure out where you are going. I use google maps on my phone to take a quick glance and just drive around till you find it so you are forced to learn. You will be really slow at first but you will improve over time and that is what they are looking for. If you give an honest effort eventually you'll start to master routes. You know you have the route down when you can do it easily in the dark without a flashlight on the houses!

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Wondering about where you going is the last thing you need to worry about while trying to drive for UPS. Make sure you can actually drive that Brown Beast first, 5s and 10s, 240 methods, learn DIAD on the go, then to learn the area your 30 day training is on.

DeliveryMachine

Don’t worry about how long it takes you to finish a route. You get 14 hours. If you are not finished at 13.99 hours just shut the truck off, sheet all remaining packages as missed, and punch out. Then you go home. Leave all the stressing to the supervisors.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Don’t worry about how long it takes you to finish a route. You get 14 hours. If you are not finished at 13.99 hours just shut the truck off, sheet all remaining packages as missed, and punch out. Then you go home. Leave all the stressing to the supervisors.

Do this on your 31st day of driving. It would really impress the sup and manager, divison manager that vouch for you.