Leaving UPS, how to do it?

fethrs

He just needs to seach back, on that topic.. how UPS screwed them , even when given notice. I.E. last paycheck being 2 months late, including vacation pay.
Thats the thanks you get !

I waited 7 weeks on the exact date for my last paycheck, too !
KLein! This isn't about you! Can't you see that? This guy is just asking how to do the right thing and you tell him to say "screw you".
That's just wrong.
I can only hope no one takes your advice, and then regrets it.

over9five

Staff member
You're going into law enforcement. I'd like to think that makes you an ethical guy. Go in tomorrow and let them know.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Temps quit all the time. I would go with your plan to tell them Thurs. night. If they keep you for another week, fine. You are an at will employee. They owe you nothing, you owe them nothing. As far as quitting being on your record, you were hired as a seasonal temp. The season was just a little shorter then you planned.

some1else

Banned
If i was going to quit i would give them the exact same notice they gave me when they "eliminated" my previous bid job ZERO days!

I have never worked at a job where i would not give notice, heck my previous job i let my boss know i was looking for something else. Then gave him notice when hired and he left me on his payroll until i mademmy 30 days. Thays how it should work. But working somewhere like ups is a bit liberating because i have been sooo screwed that i couldn ever end up even whatever i do! So i do whatever ;)

iruhnman630

Tell them right away. They are planning on you being a driver for peak and need to act quickly to fill your spot.

You are in a bitter-sweet position predicament right now. If the new career works out, you will be much better off in the long run.

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS does burn alot of bridges when it comes to expecting their employees to "do the right thing". Its everyman for himself (or woman) now days. Sad.

DS

Fenderbender
Tell your sup you are gonna be a cop next week and you need a day off but need to work
the week after.Mention what car he drives.Smile.

just interested

Do the right thing and let your sup know immediately. Put it in writing and ask that it go into your personnel file and let him know you want to leave on good terms. Who knows - even with your full time job, maybe you could still do Saturday Air Driving or another part-time position and remain on the books as an employee - the benefits may be worth it?

Give proper notice (in most cases it's 2 weeks) as this remains on your record. You want to leave the company in good standing. How UPS/ your supervisor reacts is out of your hands, but you should do the right thing.
Don't worry about what might or might not go on your record, it's an internal UPS record and can't be shared with the outside. That is unless you think you will want to work for UPS again. No one will ever know the circumstances of how, why you left unless you tell them.

Tell your sup you are gonna be a cop next week and you need a day off but need to work
the week after.Mention what car he drives.Smile.
This is a good ideal.