Leaving UPS

Nah
So for all intents and purposes I have quit my job as I no-call no-showed the entire last week.
However on time card viewer they keep coding me as "lay-off."
I'm not in communication with anyone at the center.
Does anyone know what's going on? Might this be a union issue?

Why not just try showing up?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The youth of today---smh. Even if you didn't want to give them a 2 week notice the very LEAST you should have done is let them know you quit. Maybe its time you grew a pair.
that's why I like the BC. these kids have no cajones. it's funny as hell. and 25 years from now they'll be complaining about their lot in life because they have a :censored2:ty job and have nothing. they will blame the whole world cept themselves.

as soon as each one of my 6 children reached 18 , ( if they didnt go to college ) i kicked them out of the nest. started telling them at age 12 so it wouldnt be a surprise . They were ready and are all doing very well.

rod

Retired 22 years
that's why I like the BC. these kids have no cajones. it's funny as hell. and 25 years from now they'll be complaining about their lot in life because they have a :censored2:ty job and have nothing. they will blame the whole world cept themselves.

as soon as each one of my 6 children reached 18 , ( if they didnt go to college ) i kicked them out of the nest. started telling them at age 12 so it wouldnt be a surprise . They were ready and are all doing very well.
It seems today everyone just wants to be friends with their kids and not a parent. I can't remember the last time I saw a modern parent say NO and mean it. They will tell a kid No 10 times for the same thing and the kid will more or less laugh at them because they know nothing is going to happen to them

11.19igrad

Have you changed your mind about leaving? Seriously, UPS can not terminate you without going through the Union process. The Union should be in contact with you to find out how they should proceed. You could still be owed vacation or optional days and the company needs to clear the books.
speaking of vacation days owed i still haven't received mine in over 2 months