Legal firearms in my car

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Illinois and Washington DC are the only two geographical areas in the US that flat out prohibit concealed carry. 49 states is accurate, to the extent that a few states, like NJ, have a process to issue permits, but generally refuse to do so. Illinois is currently working on a court ordered permitting process and will soon become the 50th.

Getting a carry permit in Southern California or San Francisco is for all practical purposes impossible unless you are a wealthy and well-connected anti-gun celebrity (like Rosie O'Donnell's bodyguard) or a liberal, anti-gun politician (like Diane Feinstein.)

Camping Nana

Getting a carry permit in Southern California or San Francisco is for all practical purposes impossible unless you are a wealthy and well-connected anti-gun celebrity (like Rosie O'Donnell's bodyguard) or a liberal, anti-gun politician (like Diane Feinstein.)

There is ONE - ONE concealed carry permit in the county of San Francisco. Who has is it ???? :biting:

Yep, you guessed it! Diane Feinstein. That is hypocrisy pure and simple!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

David is regarded as a hero in the Bible because he killed Goliath on the field of battle by striking him in the head with a high-speed projectile discharged from a sling.

Would he be judged any differently if his weapon of choice had been a firearm, which is simply the modern-day equivalent of a sling?

My response was based on the location (North Carolina) which is smack dab in the middle of the Bible Belt.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
David is regarded as a hero in the Bible because he killed Goliath on the field of battle by striking him in the head with a high-speed projectile discharged from a sling.

Would he be judged any differently if his weapon of choice had been a firearm, which is simply the modern-day equivalent of a sling?

Yes, the whole David Vs. Goliath analogy would be overridden by "Peace through superior firepower"

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
In the state of Oregon at least, the law is quite specific. It is only trespassing if you are asked to leave and refuse to. Mere posession of the weapon itself, in violation of signage to the contrary, is NOT illegal.

I did speak with my business law professor -- who is one of the program director's of my school's actual law programs (tier one school, one of the largest graduating classes annually) -- and he told me that throughout most of the USA, a sign saying no trespassing or listing prohibited articles/activities (e.g. weapons, solicitations) is sufficient one to be arrested should he choose to ignore such warnings.

So while you may and others may be correct in your state, I would advise anybody reading this thread to research local laws before making such decision. Honestly, it's not worth a termination & arrest, should that be an applicable penalty.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Yes, the whole David Vs. Goliath analogy would be overridden by "Peace through superior firepower"

In the modern era, Goliath would have been a fully-equipped and highly trained mercenary armed with grenades, night-vision goggles, body armor and an AK-47. David, on the other hand, would be a rebel fighter armed with nothing more than his grandfathers rusty old single-shot .22 and a handful of bullets. Using a combination of courage, agility and skill...he would dodge a hail of enemy fire in order to take up a position that would allow him to place a single .22 round right between Goliaths eyes, thus ending the battle.

Same narrative, different technology.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
In the modern era, Goliath would have been a fully-equipped and highly trained mercenary armed with grenades, night-vision goggles, body armor and an AK-47. David, on the other hand, would be a rebel fighter armed with nothing more than his grandfathers rusty old single-shot .22 and a handful of bullets. Using a combination of courage, agility and skill...he would dodge a hail of enemy fire in order to take up a position that would allow him to place a single .22 round right between Goliaths eyes, thus ending the battle.

Same narrative, different technology.

Negatory

The whole David and Goliath example is the little guy winning over the big guy. The narrative of David armed with with a modern firearm THEN leaves Goliath at a disadvantage. Totally different.
I'm not sure if Goliath carried a club or a sword, but in either case "you don't bring a club to a gun fight"......or "The bigger they are, the harder they fall". No distinction is size, advantage, etc.

Johney

David will just poison Goliath in this modern age.
You obviously haven't been watching the news lately. Keep your eyes open for the black helicopters and van's. From the looks of your avatar and from what you've been searching on the net they should be knocking down your door anytime now.:surprised:

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
You guys need to go shooting at a gun range. You will meet the nicest people at the range. And, one will find themselves just alike the rest.

The best day at the office never beats the worst day at the range, as its said.

Johney

You guys need to go shooting at a gun range. You will meet the nicest people at the range. And, one will find themselves just alike the rest.

The best day at the office never beats the worst day at the range, as its said.
Very true. I go all the time.
Nice AR in the avatar,what model?

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Very true. I go all the time.
Nice AR in the avatar,what model?

Colt LE 5.56 NATO = 1140 $

Same model used in the military and police. Thus what LE stands for, law enforcement. I shouldve picked up the bushmaster ( as well ) that was there at the time, it was the day after sandyhook. I didnt get the gun because of that, I got it because I always wanted one.

I got the chance to shoot it or the first time over the last three day weekend. Put 100 rounds down range, little to no recoil and very, very VERY accurate.

bbsam

Staff member

David was also in service to then king in a declared war. Is that the level of weapon control you are advocating?

bbsam

Staff member
The comparison between an armed David and citizens being armed. If we are going to use biblical stories,we should.get the context right.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
The comparison between an armed David and citizens being armed. If we are going to use biblical stories,we should.get the context right.

You make me laugh! On those times, you needed to be armed and trained. Children today and the past did what? They played with swords, daggers and guns because its an issue of evolution. Play is learning, thus war is in our nature. The things that happened in our past, make us the way we are today.

In my opinion, war is the real religion.

Johney

Colt LE 5.56 NATO = 1140 $

Same model used in the military and police. Thus what LE stands for, law enforcement. I shouldve picked up the bushmaster ( as well ) that was there at the time, it was the day after sandyhook. I didnt get the gun because of that, I got it because I always wanted one.

I got the chance to shoot it or the first time over the last three day weekend. Put 100 rounds down range, little to no recoil and very, very VERY accurate.
Sweet Orly, nice weapon.