Let me hear your UPS stories: funny, scary, interesting

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I got rear ended by a bicycle on the way in one night (in stop and go traffic) Poked my head out the door and asked if he was alright. He said he was. The next Monday I saw the guy in a mailroom, he said his front wheel was toast.
I hope you reported this to CYA.

I think the OP is going to hear all of our stories, write a book and make lots of money. I will not be participating, thank you.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The situation; I had a one-time pickup, a lady was moving out of an apartment up on the 3rd floor (with no elevator) and had all her belongings packed up in about 35 big boxes. I can only get 2 of them at a time on my handtruck, so we are talking 17 trips up and down 3 flights of stairs.

I'm about 1/4 of the way thru this ballbuster when a guy shows up, it turns out to be her ex-boyfriend and its his apartment she is moving out of. They start arguing. She starts crying. It is very tense and awkward, and I keep walking in on them every few minutes to load up 2 more boxes and haul them down the damn steps. The conversation is becoming very heated, and I really dont want to be there.

On trip #8 or 9, things change. I walk in on them hugging, and they are talking quietly and the guy is wiping tears off of her cheeks. On trip #10, they are kissing, and I overhear the guy saying "please honey, I want you to stay..."

So now I am facing a dillemna. I dont want to eavesdrop, but I have already spent 20 minutes hauling half of her stuff down those damn stairs and I have a sick feeling that by the time I get it all down she is going to change her mind and I will wind up having to unload it and haul it all back up there. This causes me to slow down and listen in on their conversation, trying to gauge the status of their relationship and whether or not I should haul the rest of the boxes down or start bringing the ones I had already loaded back up.

So I make another trip, whereupon the lady says "hold on a minute, I may want to stay here". Which was fine by me, except that my truck is already half full and its getting late and I need a decision one way or another, so I politely told her that I didnt want to interfere in their personal biz but I really needed to know what they wanted me to do.

She asked me for 5 minutes, and I agreed to that on the condition that, no matter what the decision, her (ex) boyfriend would agree to help me load...or unload...the remaining boxes as needed. They agreed, so I went down and sat in the truck to wait.

They wound up reconciling, and she and the boyfriend both happily came downstairs, arm-in-arm. They had me unload the 20 boxes I already had in the truck and leave them in a pile by the curb for them to haul back up the steps. It actually saved me time over having to lug the remaining 15 boxes down.

It was truly a weird situation.

tieguy

Banned
I got one. Hqd this guy tell me dude tell me all your funny stories so i can put em all together and write a book and make lots of money off your personal experiences. Thought it was kinda funny.

slantnosechevy

Those who've been in pkg. a while remember the skateboard craze of the late '80's and the cash only c.o.d.s that came with it. Kids were selling them out of their houses to all their buddies.I pulled up to this house in a nice neighborhood grabbed the box and headed for the front door. It was open with a storm door. Knocked a couple times...no answer. Attached garage was open with one car inside so I headed to the back of the house. Remembering what a 35 year pkg.drvr. told me on my first day, he said always deliver to the back door on nice summer days. Never know what you'll see. As I turned the corner of the house I saw a nice in ground pool and yelled out "UPS". An attractive lady(kids mom) was hanging on the edge with just her head showing. She asked if she could help me and I explained about the c.o.d. She said give me a second and I'll see if I have some cash in the house. She got out of the pool. The rest of her was just as attractive especially because she was naked. She grabs a towel wraps up and apoligizes. She goes in the house gets the cash and comes back out and while signing the clipboard says," I bet you run into this a lot" I said no but you made my day maybe my year. She smiled and laughed and I left with a big smile on my face. I used to see her around town. She always smiled and waved. I haven't been in that town for 20 years and one day last year I went over there to help a guy and of coarse took that section when I saw the addreses. Curiosity was killing me. Knocked and she came to the door. She must be late 40's and still smokin'.

I've been luckier than most on several occasions having a University in town. It's made me the perv I am today.

ups1990

Had a guy say to me, "what's up my nappy headed bro?"
My response was, can we say that?. He said, "yeah, no problem. I'am of the right ethnic make-up."

P

pickup

I got one. Hqd this guy tell me dude tell me all your funny stories so i can put em all together and write a book and make lots of money off your personal experiences. Thought it was kinda funny.

I got a better one. A man gets hired by fed ex to try to depict ups teamsters in a bad light and he goes on browncafe to try to solicit stories and then cherry pick the ones that help him with his "project"