Lets go on strike

bacha29

Yes. But by your own admission, he really doesn’t owe you anything. You don’t have a contract. He does. And no paper you and he may have signed can be the slightest bit binding on anything.
Take him in front of district court. He can show up if he wanted to and demonstrate to the court that he has not defaulted . After being in effect for more than 4 years he will have a difficult time providing sufficient cause to have the court declare the agreement null and void. Not to mention having to pay court costs should he fail.

For you contractors all you've got is arbitration and you certainly know that given who gets to choose who sits on the arbitration board just about what you're odds are at prevailing.

You see Sam what makes the going in this area hard is that the young adults are leaving and the few who are moving back are boomers who couldn't afford to live where they were on retirement income. So they move back and live in their deceased parents house. As you no doubt know XG is a consumption based business.The problem in this area is sparse populations many on fixed and often very limited discretionary incomes and too many miles between stops. But again it's a nationwide carrier and lugging Smartpost on a heavily discounted rate could be the final nails in the coffin for a lot of rural contractors.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
A certain section of my route was just like that... the investor group was trying to off load it for free to other subcontractors, but they won't take the bait.

It was a money loser for the longest time, with multiple drivers quitting from the route because they knew it wasn't worth their time to service it.

Once I leave from the route, I'm sure it's going to be a revolving door of drivers. I softened the blow to the new driver by giving him a cheat booklet about the town & to be pro active about the pre trip and post trip inspection, u don't want to break down in that area

bacha29

A certain section of my route was just like that... the investor group was trying to off load it for free to other subcontractors, but they won't take the bait.

It was a money loser for the longest time, with multiple drivers quitting from the route because they knew it wasn't worth their time to service it.

Once I leave from the route, I'm sure it's going to be a revolving door of drivers. I softened the blow to the new driver by giving him a cheat booklet about the town & to be pro active about the pre trip and post trip inspection, u don't want to break down in that area
Sounds like one of those areas you don't go into unless you're at battalion strength and have air cover.

bbsam

Staff member
Take him in front of district court. He can show up if he wanted to and demonstrate to the court that he has not defaulted . After being in effect for more than 4 years he will have a difficult time providing sufficient cause to have the court declare the agreement null and void. Not to mention having to pay court costs should he fail.

For you contractors all you've got is arbitration and you certainly know that given who gets to choose who sits on the arbitration board just about what you're odds are at prevailing.

You see Sam what makes the going in this area hard is that the young adults are leaving and the few who are moving back are boomers who couldn't afford to live where they were on retirement income. So they move back and live in their deceased parents house. As you no doubt know XG is a consumption based business.The problem in this area is sparse populations many on fixed and often very limited discretionary incomes and too many miles between stops. But again it's a nationwide carrier and lugging Smartpost on a heavily discounted rate could be the final nails in the coffin for a lot of rural contractors.
Are you now insisting that the routes do indeed have value?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Sounds like one of those areas you don't go into unless you're at battalion strength and have air cover.

Nope, not as bad as your depressed area... it's a great place to live, so much fresh air, free venison / wild turkey, and guinea hens roaming all over the place

Check my tire thread... it's not a money maker for those drivers on a daily salary. I took on the gated community to add to the route, so I can bonus daily. The next drivers won't be keen on doing the work of 2 drivers daily

It will be fine

You sold one route. You expect us to believe if this guy defaults you get to walk into FedEx and take over his now multi-route operation. I don’t think it matters what your agreement with him says. FedEx would still need to approve you as the new AO. There would be some difficulty getting that accomplished. Even if you did I think you’ve demonstrated your lack of ability to operate the business while finding a new buyer.

bacha29

You sold one route. You expect us to believe if this guy defaults you get to walk into FedEx and take over his now multi-route operation. I don’t think it matters what your agreement with him says. FedEx would still need to approve you as the new AO. There would be some difficulty getting that accomplished. Even if you did I think you’ve demonstrated your lack of ability to operate the business while finding a new buyer.
That's a pretty bold statement coming from a guy who despite what he proclaims himself to be is nothing more than a scab trucker doing his part to assist in the ongoing race to the bottom of the cheap rate freight business . The fact is I survived for 23 years as well as the fact that I was recruited by RPS to become a key member in the startup of that terminal In fact the TM at the time I was preparing to leave came to me and asked me to reconsider my decision . In addition when word got out of my decision to pack it in the TM's at 2 other terminals called and wanted me to buy routes that were available at their stations.

I think these facts should eliminate all doubts about my ability to run a "business" if serving as a handmaid (you) for that company qualifies as one.

Not to mention the fact that you went into a terminal that was well established and running smoothly years if not a decade or more before you the highly skilled "businessman" (LMAO) came walking in.

It will be fine

That's a pretty bold statement coming from a guy who despite what he proclaims himself to be is nothing more than a scab trucker doing his part to assist in the ongoing race to the bottom of the cheap rate freight business . The fact is I survived for 23 years as well as the fact that I was recruited by RPS to become a key member in the startup of that terminal In fact the TM at the time I was preparing to leave came to me and asked me to reconsider my decision . In addition when word got out of my decision to pack it in the TM's at 2 other terminals called and wanted me to buy routes that were available at their stations.

I think these facts should eliminate all doubts about my ability to run a "business" if serving as a handmaid (you) for that company qualifies as one.

Not to mention the fact that you went into a terminal that was well established and running smoothly years if not a decade or more before you the highly skilled "businessman" (LMAO) came walking in.
None of that long winded nonsense makes your takeover any more plausible. You are just desperate that the guy you sold to keeps paying. You have no real recourse and you know it.

bacha29

They are only as valuable as what somebody is willing to pay for them. If the buyer in my case were to default it would place me among the higher class of secured creditorsbut definitely not at the top. Employees with unpaid wages would come first.

dmac1

The routes have no value. You have an agreement to service routes- you don't 'own' the routes. And the business is worth something- the value of the vehicles, and some value for the income possible through the end of the contract. Paying more than that is a pure gamble over which you have little control. If you have 3 years left on a contract, and the potential of $100k per year NET income, with vehicles worth some positive amount, the 'routes' are worth something. But even that is a crapshoot because fedex can decide to pull the contract even if you perform 100% with no problems. And you have zero recourse if fedex does the 'pulling' of the contracts in the right way. Last time fedex did that, they did offer current contractors something but required a release to protect themselves.

I sold the right to service my first contract for $6000 and no vehicle when I signed a contract to service a different area fedex was opening to HD. That was when fedex was still prohibiting HD contractors from 'owning' more than one route.They were still prohibiting full absentee ownership and required 'owners' to perform most of the service, except for maybe vacation time, and it was almost impossible to get drivers approved in a reasonable time period.

bacha29

None of that long winded nonsense makes your takeover any more plausible. You are just desperate that the guy you sold to keeps paying. You have no real recourse and you know it.
So you're not denying the facts surrounding you? I'm not worried if he defaults I simply get in line for my share of the proceeds from liquidation . As I said earlier June 1 2021 will come around at it's usual pace but 2020 could be a very tumultuous year at X and even you expressed concerns regarding the potential for rate cutting. However the buyer in this case to his credit is only running the minimum required number of routes. Keeping his cards close to the vest.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

I'm not worried if he defaults I simply get in line for my share of the proceeds from liquidation.

How much would your share of jack squat be and is it worth the time and effort to go after it?