Let's see some salaries

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Curious to see some salaries for top rate employees and mid range. What type of job you do and how long you've been with the company. I'm coming up on 5yrs as a RTD driver. Seeing what I could possibly see in my future if I continue with the company.

The future isn't bright with Express, according to my own experiences. 17 years, never made top rate. Just 2 (TWO) years at UPS, I'm making more now than I did with 17 years!

Today I ran into a former Express coworker delivering. After 20 years she's still not top rate. And that's just the pay scale. Not even mentioning the benefits & such. I should have made the switch long ago.

McFeely

Huge Member
I get about 10 hours of OT each week because let’s face it: im pretty mediocre at this job.

5-ish years with Express. Last year I made about $55k.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Curious to see some salaries for top rate employees and mid range. What type of job you do and how long you've been with the company. I'm coming up on 5yrs as a RTD driver. Seeing what I could possibly see in my future if I continue with the company.

I can tell you there are RTDs at my ramp who have been there 12 or 13 years now and they're on step 3. Had another courier who became an RTD and he was with the company 14 years and was on step 4. So the "10 step pay progression" did zero for those employees. They'll still be 20 years before topping out. Very shameful. If you can get hired by UPS and can handle the very hard work they do, then do it. You'll be topped out in like 3 or 4 years and making way more per hour than Express.

chris45

I'm on step 3 or 4(24.xx an hr) and have made a little over 35k as of 2 paychecks ago....I work 50-60+ hr weeks tho

Csdsm18

Not sure of what step I'm on but I'm at 23.32hr 5yrs in made 25k so far this year. I'm a RTD driver. I'm looking at getting on with ups just don't wanna be stuck overnight again which here at express I'm 2nd shift not so bad.

BootsOnTarmac

Not sure of what step I'm on but I'm at 23.32hr 5yrs in made 25k so far this year. I'm a RTD driver. I'm looking at getting on with ups just don't wanna be stuck overnight again which here at express I'm 2nd shift not so bad.

You are: Market B2 Position C3 Step 4

rod

Retired 22 years
You would crap you pants if you knew what my wife and I are pulling in every month without having to lift a finger.

overflowed

The future isn't bright with Express, according to my own experiences. 17 years, never made top rate. Just 2 (TWO) years at UPS, I'm making more now than I did with 17 years!

Today I ran into a former Express coworker delivering. After 20 years she's still not top rate. And that's just the pay scale. Not even mentioning the benefits & such. I should have made the switch long ago.
I worked at Express for 10 years and only went up 4 dollars in that time. I left 3 years ago coming in September. Will be at about $40 an hour when I hit that month. Agree , I should of bounced earlier , but what to do when the economy was in the crapper? They treated us like crap at that time period.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I worked at Express for 10 years and only went up 4 dollars in that time. I left 3 years ago coming in September. Will be at about $40 an hour when I hit that month. Agree , I should of bounced earlier , but what to do when the economy was in the crapper? They treated us like crap at that time period.

I feel you on that. I started off PT handler for 2 years before becoming a driver. For the 15 years I drove, pay only increased $9. The slap in the face was having the $1 swing driver premium taken from me when I took a route, being told that the low raises were somehow my fault, not a systematic failure especially to those mid range employees. They would raise the bottom & top, mid got almost jack. Rinse and repeat.

Now on the brown side of things, just 2 years in I'm past what I was making after 17 years. Time wasted but it served it's purpose. Having a contract, pay scale known, guaranteed top rate in 4 years, feels like winning.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Fred S. will give himself and his buds a nice fat bonus and a nice fat raise again this year despite all the problems with trade wars and not having to jump hoops thru crap like 10 step progression.