Let's see some salaries

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Nothing that complicated. Awhile back a kid at McDonalds was stumped trying to figure out how to give me 80 cents back. I swear to god he picked up 3 quarters and got stumped from there. First he grabbed a dime threw that back then proceeded to start counting pennies. Finally it dawned on him a nickel would work.
Yeah something like that happened to me except I ended up with a handful of dimes. Lol. Lol.

Empty Pockets

Curious to see some salaries for top rate employees and mid range. What type of job you do and how long you've been with the company. I'm coming up on 5yrs as a RTD driver. Seeing what I could possibly see in my future if I continue with the company.
It will depend on market level and step you are on. All this can be found out at work and a yearly salary projected. Some locations have lots of overtime routes you can put in for but most do not. Managers have a guideline to follow and will try to keep overtime below 8%(I think). Now take this and forecast what you will be making in 5 or 10 years. That is where you are loosing.

I moved to a smaller location where there is no overtime so I get a straight 40 hours. I had my reasons and was worth it to me. My plan before moving was to start looking to leave FedEx at 15 years and go to another trucking company at the 20 year mark. This was under our old traditional pension plan. Doing this would allowed me 20 years here and 20 years at another company with two separate pensions at age 60.

In the early 90’s, raises were cut in half to help offset the Flying Tiger acquisition. In the late 90’s, raises went from twice a year to once per year. About 7 years ago, performance reviews were done away with and a standardized raise was done. A perfect review would net a 4.5% raise. The standardized raise since they started it has been 0, 2%, and 3%. They have cut raises in half 3 times in the last 15 years. The point? They have strategically done everything to keep the pay as low as they can for many years and will continue to do that as long as they can.

That being said, you are employed and have 5 years experience. Start looking around. A friend with 16 fedex experience left a few years go to one of those AirGas companies and started out $2 per hour more and will get over a dollar raise per year. Check out FedEx Freight, last year they had advertisements at the Pilot saying they were hiring at $22 per hour and would top out in 4 years.

If you continue what you are doing now, you will probably look back and regret not doing so. This is all my humble opinion.

Serf

I feel bad for the Hour Whores. These guys work 55-60 hrs a week, some more if you count a split shift day (At the station from 0700-20:30). And for some it's still not enough. Better to be the guy at close to top pay who works a straight 6 & leaves.

chris45

I feel bad for the Hour Whores. These guys work 55-60 hrs a week, some more if you count a split shift day (At the station from 0700-20:30). And for some it's still not enough. Better to be the guy at close to top pay who works a straight 6 & leaves.

I didn't mind so much, I'd be working as much as I can regardless of how much I make an hour...that was me until they hired a bunch of people a month or two ago and I went from 60-70 hrs a week and now I struggle to get 40 lol:rolleyes:

dezguy

There is so much more to life than work. What's the point of earning a 70hour pay cheque if you can't even enjoy it?

Live within your means and 40 hours is fine.

Serf

I didn't mind so much, I'd be working as much as I can regardless of how much I make an hour...that was me until they hired a bunch of people a month or two ago and I went from 60-70 hrs a week and now I struggle to get 40 lol:rolleyes:
I've seen that before. Stay patient, many times those newbies will quit & they will come back to you to take care of the work.

chris45

There is so much more to life than work. What's the point of earning a 70hour pay cheque if you can't even enjoy it?

Live within your means and 40 hours is fine.

I get it and long hours does sound miserable but I have the weekends to screw around and I dont mind working on 3 hours of sleep if people want to hangout after work it's not a big deal to me. Also I'm a PM swing I have nothing going on in the mornings so I basically sit around, I'd rather be making money to buy parts for my racecars...

zeev

13 year RTD left to go to UPS permanent full time. Last night was Friday great employee, management refused to acknowledge his leaving with anything no card or anything, they are pissed off oh well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

13 year RTD left to go to UPS permanent full time. Last night was Friday great employee, management refused to acknowledge his leaving with anything no card or anything, they are pissed off oh well.

Why in the world would they publicly acknowledge his leaving? At best, they shake his hand and wish him well.