Letter Boxes

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
Are the letter box combinations the same nationwide? Just curious, all of our are the same at my hub.

No,we just had ours all changed.They all have a different combo.Seems a crook got hold of the combo and was picking them up before the commit time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The combinations are regional. The combination that I use to open the boxes that I p/u is the same as the boxes in Syracuse or Albany. They change our combinations periodically.

barnyard

KTM rider
Ours have changed 4 times in the 5 years that I have been full-time. We also have different combos in our area.

Big time pain in the keester for cover drivers.

TB

rod

Retired 22 years
They are the same here now as when I retired 7 years ago (did a check just to satisfy my curiousity) Apparently nobody reloads them with supplies because a couple of months ago I had to go to 3 different ones to find a letter envelope.

barnyard

KTM rider
Apparently nobody reloads them with supplies because a couple of months ago I had to go to 3 different ones to find a letter envelope.

Call the 800 number.

Someone did on my route. They took all the NDA envelopes and wanted me to refill it so they could get some more. I figured out who it was and asked them to call the 800 # for supplies, instead of cleaning out the drop box.

They actually understood what I was getting at and now call for supplies.

How did I know, you ask???? I stock my LB with envelopes that have the old UPS trademark. As soon as they started hitting the box, I knew. Comparitively, the old envelopes are ugly, next to the new ones. I am hoping that will be more incentive for people to call for supplies.

TB

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
They are the same here now as when I retired 7 years ago (did a check just to satisfy my curiousity) Apparently nobody reloads them with supplies because a couple of months ago I had to go to 3 different ones to find a letter envelope.

What kind of example are you setting? All current/retired employees should have supplies in the bottom of their closets. Shouldn't we ?

satellitedriver

Don't know.
Don't care.
Last letterbox I opened had dirty diapers in it.
Nothing like 100 degree heat in an aluminum box filled with poop to end your day.
Thank the Great JU JU, I do not have letter boxes on my route.

rod

Retired 22 years
What kind of example are you setting? All current/retired employees should have supplies in the bottom of their closets. Shouldn't we ?

Well I guess you are right to some extent----I still have a couple of years left on my 2 inch scotch tape supply. I grabbed a bunch of that on my way out. :wink2: I still use my old steel hard rubber tire 2-wheeler and a couple of almost new car wash brushes I salvaged from the UPS dumpster. I'm sure if I dig around I could come up with alot of stuff I rescued out of the dumpster.