Letter from Management

messUPS

Dear UPSers-

As many of you know things have been changing at UPS recently. The changes are for the good if your management, bad if your anyone else. First of all, we are all about NUMBERS-NUMBERS-NUMBERS!! It's all that matters, because if we don't meet our numbers we don't look good on paper our bonus is not as big.
We will be cutting as many routes as possible to meet out Stops per Car number. It doesn't matter to us if you deliver to a resi area that is 20 miles off your route and you have never been there. If you are over dispatched then you can just EC them, because our customers don't matter.
Friday's will now be refered to as "Forever Friday's" because its the end of the week and by Monday you will forget how bad Friday was. We will slowly progess this to everyday of the week. We know you would like to see your family but it doesn't matter to us. ( you can see them all day when you are injured from being over worked)
Although we cannot explain how we figure out how the numbers work, we are sure you will all do your best to keep us smiling and the bonus checks coming!:happy2:
Thanks Managment

Hey nice comedy piece,OMG where did they dream up this crap.In my mind they are all criminals!!!

Dear UPSers-

As many of you know things have been changing at UPS recently. The changes are for the good if your management, bad if your anyone else. First of all, we are all about NUMBERS-NUMBERS-NUMBERS!! It's all that matters, because if we don't meet our numbers we don't look good on paper our bonus is not as big.
We will be cutting as many routes as possible to meet out Stops per Car number. It doesn't matter to us if you deliver to a resi area that is 20 miles off your route and you have never been there. If you are over dispatched then you can just EC them, because our customers don't matter.
Friday's will now be refered to as "Forever Friday's" because its the end of the week and by Monday you will forget how bad Friday was. We will slowly progess this to everyday of the week. We know you would like to see your family but it doesn't matter to us. ( you can see them all day when you are injured from being over worked)
Although we cannot explain how we figure out how the numbers work, we are sure you will all do your best to keep us smiling and the bonus checks coming!:happy2:
Thanks Managment
Is that you socks.

Re-Raise

Dear UPSers-

Thanks Managment

It all seemed legit until the last line..... I have never heard anyone in management ever use the word "thanks".

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Dear UPSers-

As many of you know things have been changing at UPS recently. The changes are for the good if your management, bad if your anyone else. First of all, we are all about NUMBERS-NUMBERS-NUMBERS!!

I'm a bit confused ... how is this good for management?
One thing you should realize is that however bad the drivers are experiencing, it is much worse for management.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
One thing you should realize is that however bad the drivers are experiencing, it is much worse for management.

Yeah...what do they do, give you an ojs ride around your cubicle????

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Hoax doesnt have a cubicle, he has a 6th floor office with a window. And yes, they do an OJS on him at least yearly. If you will kindly notice there are days where he does not post at all. Its a given those are the days he has "company"

So be kind to the Hoax. :wink2::wink2:

d

satellitedriver

First off,
My post is not about a mod defending a mod, but Hoke is right.
Mid level management-( center manager on down)- are just the meat in a
:censored2: sandwich.
They catch it from above and below
Folk's in corporate, like Hoke, are not really management making stupid decisions.
They are working Joe's trying to meet demands from a hierarchy to keep the company alive, and keep their jobs.
Drivers have to only deal with the physical limitations, of what can be accomplished.
Too broad a brush to paint all non hourly as having any power of management.

packageguy

First you should remember, we are your front line, we are the faces,
we get the company accounts not your half ass sales team.

Second, we have no problem making $80,000- $95,000 delivering packages. So in my eyes keep
it coming. As long as my bulk head door is closed, and I am holding the hand rail, 3 points of contact.
We come to work every day, WE ARE GOLDEN.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax doesnt have a cubicle, he has a 6th floor office with a window. And yes, they do an OJS on him at least yearly. If you will kindly notice there are days where he does not post at all. Its a given those are the days he has "company"

So be kind to the Hoax. :wink2::wink2:

d

Actually to set the record straight. I work in a 1 story structure with a 22 foot ceiling in a Quad plex structure (4 people in a large cube structure supposedly conducive to teamwork).
I am not OJSed ever because my job does not consist of repeatable activities that can be measured. I do however have suggestions on best practices, how to work with other departments, how to prioritize the work of myself and my reports, etc ... and of course, I provide the same to people that report to me.
I never post on BC from the office on UPS equipment ... that is playing Russian Roulette with your continued employment. Occasionally, during lunch or walking around the building, I may reply to a post on my Blackberry but it sucks for text entering (touch screen typing) so not much posting with it.

Regardless, still "be kind to Hoax".

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I am not OJSed ever because my job does not consist of repeatable activities that can be measured.
I thought EVERY job at UPS could be measured.....

So your workspace is kinda like the set of NCIS? How is that teamwork thingy working out?

d

First off,
My post is not about a mod defending a mod, but Hoke is right.
Mid level management-( center manager on down)- are just the meat in a
:censored2: sandwich.
They catch it from above and below
Folk's in corporate, like Hoke, are not really management making stupid decisions.
They are working Joe's trying to meet demands from a hierarchy to keep the company alive, and keep their jobs.
Drivers have to only deal with the physical limitations, of what can be accomplished.
Too broad a brush to paint all non hourly as having any power of management.

First you should remember, we are your front line, we are the faces,
we get the company accounts not your half ass sales team.

Second, we have no problem making $80,000- $95,000 delivering packages. So in my eyes keep
it coming. As long as my bulk head door is closed, and I am holding the hand rail, 3 points of contact.
We come to work every day, WE ARE GOLDEN.
Yada Yada Yada you've got it bad I've got it bad. To think anyone's misery is worse than others is selfish. It's been a rough couple of years in general with this economy. Regardless we have to look at what we've got and its alot. I've had some very bad bumps in the road in the last two years and I still include ups in my daily prayers and thank god I've got it. We are all in the same boat just another rung in this BROWN MACHINE.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
You should know that statement is a perfect description of cannon fodder.
To quote, General Charles de Gaulle.
"The graveyards are full of indispensable men."

Yup, put there by leaders with goals of their own. While he was trying to make a point, he also proved another.

d

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I thought EVERY job at UPS could be measured.....

So your workspace is kinda like the set of NCIS? How is that teamwork thingy working out?

d
Believe me, they/we try to measure.
Not familiar with NCIS.
Teamwork is fine. Facility is noisy and not conducive to productivity. I roll a screen in front of my space to keep people out.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Believe me, they/we try to measure.
Not familiar with NCIS.
Teamwork is fine. Facility is noisy and not conducive to productivity. I roll a screen in front of my space to keep people out.
NCIS is pretty cool detective show with a really cute Mark Harmon. I'm sure you are cuter, though!!